world baseball classic | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

world baseball classic

Ray Finkle said:
If you're refering to the pitch count rule, I suggest you go back and reread the rules. The rules state that a pitcher cannot start an inning if he has over the limited number of pitches. A pitcher can finish a batters at bat even if he goes over that amount. (For example if the pitch limit is 60 and Clemens has 59 pitches going into the 5th inning he could finish that batters at bat the even if he throws an extra 20 pitches. Clemens couldn't start the inning if he was past 60 pitches).

It's your opinion that there's no pride involved. Why is Pedro Martinez who is one pitch away from his career ending going to be pitching for his country? It's called pride. Believe it or not not every player is greedy and like I've said the majority of the players playing in this thing there is a pride thing going for them. If there wasn't then why would these MILLIONAIRES even play?

I never said that as a fan I'm taking this thing seriously, I agree that these rules stink and the Classic is going to be a joke. However what I said was is that these players are going to take it seriously when they play. They're not going to joke around or embarass themselves out there.

I also agree with the Yankees not wanting their pitchers in this thing. If I were them I wouldn't want them pitching either.

Also where did you hear about the players playing on a rotation? I'm not doubting you at all but I never seen or heard of that.

Pedro ain't there yet. And with his "boot" or "shoe" problem I will believe he pitches in this thing when I see it.

Second, Buck Martiniez did an interview about the "rotation" thing yesterday.

MikeO said:
Pedro ain't there yet. And with his "boot" or "shoe" problem I will believe he pitches in this thing when I see it.

Second, Buck Martiniez did an interview about the "rotation" thing yesterday.

Fine, Pedro isn't officially on the roster yet because the roster hasn't been announced. But let's say Pedro IS on the final roster. Then what? Would it be pride for his country perhaps? Because after all not only would he be pitching with a risky arm/shoulder but also a bad toe.

Thanks for the info about the rotation thing.

i dont understand this "my parents were from ____" bull i mean if your an american you play for the u.s

MikeO said:
I don't. It's still going to be a bunch of millionares playing meaningless games in March trying not to get injured for the "real" season to start.

nah, dont forget, baseball has guaranteed contracts... and the DR guys would love to beat the US and be able to gloat about it in the locker room all season.

Back
Top Bottom