Worldcup: FIFA investigates aftermath of GER vs ARG | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Worldcup: FIFA investigates aftermath of GER vs ARG

phins_4_ever

E12 FH Tailgate Gang
Reaction score
According to german newspapers, FIFA is investigating the tumultous aftermath.

After the final PK and into the jubilations of the german players the argentine reserve Cufre kicked german soccer player Mertesacker into the lower body portion. The referee gave Cufre a post game red card and the player can expect a lengthy ban. After that it becomes very washed out. In the heated exchange Rodriguez was caught punching Schweinsteiger and is also under investigation by FIFA.

Initially FIFA said that they will look into the actions of team officials from both sides but thought that they simply tried to break up the melee.

Now, an italian TV station claims that Frings also punshed an argentinien player (Frings on Cruz). An italian newspaper confirms that but so far FIFA has not seen the video.

Frings maintains his innocence and proclaims that he was caught in a bubble of players with punches flying everywhere and after getting a couple punches he just stretched his arm out to protect himself.

FIFA promised a speedy investigation since Germany and Italy face each other on Tuesday.

The melee started in retaliation to Borowski's "quietness gesture" towards argentine players after his successful PK. Borowski said that he put his finger over his mouth in response to the obscenities by argentine players accompanying each german penalty kicker on his way to the penalty box.

My opinion: while screaming obscenities is stupid and childish, Borowski also should have let it go. But neither action would have caused any problems if Cufre would not have started a physical altercation.

And Italy should stop crying.
:sidelol:

FFiB said:

Yeah, that's a great quote by Gattuso on your second link:
"I don't agree with TV evidence," said Gattuso on Sunday.

"Danish TV robbed us of Totti two years ago. Lets leave it alone and go forward," added the 28-year-old AC Milan midfielder.
:lol:

I still think Italians would be happier if Frings wasn't in there. Whatever happens, this will be a tough match for both sides. I'll be rooting for Germany and France (can't believe I just said that, but the way France played against Brazil, they deserve my support).

:lol: Wonder who will get suspended and how many games..

I bet Dom read the title and got his hopes up that they were investigating match fixing.

Gotta love the brawly brawly.

HysterikiLL said:
I bet Dom read the title and got his hopes up that they were investigating match fixing.

Prime Time said:
:lol: Wonder who will get suspended and how many games..

Frings gets probably one game.

I don't know about the argentine players. That guy Cufre will be gone for quite some time.

I just talked tonite to a couple of german friends (those who hold a ticket for me if Germany makes it :D) and they saw in Germany the video from "Sky Italia". Everybody says that it doesn't look like Frings punched but merly stretched his arm out in what looks like self defense. In any case, they are highly agitated and think it was a huge mistake for "Sky Italia" attempting to get a "head start", not if a team has to play in Dortmund, and regardless if Frings is found guilty or not.

Opinion is, it should have been a FIFA investigation or an Argentina complain, not a third country involvement unless FIFA asked for it.

FFiB said:
Frings gets probably one game.

I don't know about the argentine players. That guy Cufre will be gone for quite some time.

I just talked tonite to a couple of german friends (those who hold a ticket for me if Germany makes it :D) and they saw in Germany the video from "Sky Italia". Everybody says that it doesn't look like Frings punched but merly stretched his arm out in what looks like self defense. In any case, they are highly agitated and think it was a huge mistake for "Sky Italia" attempting to get a "head start", not if a team has to play in Dortmund, and regardless if Frings is found guilty or not.

Opinion is, it should have been a FIFA investigation or an Argentina complain, not a third country involvement unless FIFA asked for it.

Hmm, I understand where you are coming from, but if you witness a crime, are going to just leave it to the police to figure out, as to not be that "third party"?

I actually didn't see the footage, so I have no oppinion on the matter, but I do know Fifa decided not to punish Frings.

The funniest thing was Mick McCarthys commentary "There's a fight Clive!" "he's just run up and karate kicked him in the groin" "chuckles" "i've never seen anything like it!" "chuckles"

priceless, if you ask me the entire thing was masterminded by Domminizo :lol::wink:

Tone_E said:
Hmm, I understand where you are coming from, but if you witness a crime, are going to just leave it to the police to figure out, as to not be that "third party"?

I actually didn't see the footage, so I have no oppinion on the matter, but I do know Fifa decided not to punish Frings.

I didn't see a footage either. Last night I asked a couple of friends in Italy and germany (since they are 6 hours ahead) to see if they can find videos. None of them could find videos, just fuzzy images. I got a couple german lin ks in this morning but only images.

What is interesting is that Cruz, who was supposedly punched, said that he didn't feel like he was punched.

Maybe I didn't make myself clear regarding the italians or better the italian media: if there is clear evidence so be it. But don't use fuzzy images and when even the involved (victem as well) say there was nothing just to stirr controversy.

HysterikiLL said:

Initially I thought of writing the subject line like this: FIFA investigates GER vs ARG match

just to get his blood going...but I thought that that would have been mean.

HysterikiLL said:

FFiB said:
Initially I thought of writing the subject line like this: FIFA investigates GER vs ARG match

just to get his blood going...but I thought that that would have been mean.

:rofl:

Back
Top Bottom