World's fastest man works out for Texans | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

World's fastest man works out for Texans

Kdawg954 said:
The Jamaican dude is "Asafa Powell" and he would bury Gatlin in a race. Powell is the real deal and is the only person to run sub 9.8 atleast 3 times and is the undisputed world record holder (Gatlin used performance enhancers, so his time doesn't count).

Although innocent until proven guilty, I don't doubt that Powell juices either. It isn't possible to increase your speed from a 10.3 to a 9.77 in a year naturally.

Come to think of it, I doubt if any sub 10 second sprinter doesn't juice.

The Jamaican dude is "Asafa Powell" and he would bury Gatlin in a race.

And I don't understand how one sprinter running a 9.77 could "bury" another sprinter running a 9.77.

Wasn't Willie Gault an a sprinter?

I saw that ESPN piece... 3.7-3.8 40 time--DAYUM!

I dont see reason for the hate.

He is an athlete trying to make a living in athletics. If he is serious about it he can join a practice squad and work his way up from there. Antonio Gates didnt play college football either and he is a superstar, sure its not likely but its not impossible either

PatsSuck456 said:
He is not the world's fastest man, he tied with some jamican dude and he is a cheater!

Its still intresting though.

Gatlin isnt a cheater, he has ADD (or some other disorder like that) that he takes medication for. Unfortunatly that medication is not legal in track for some reason.

Or at least that is what I have heard of the story

Alex44 said:
Gatlin isnt a cheater, he has ADD (or some other disorder like that) that he takes medication for. Unfortunatly that medication is not legal in track for some reason.

Doctors prescribe ritalin for ADD, not testosterone.

If they got him they would just send him in a straight line and throw it up to him because he would burn everybody on the defense.

NJL52 said:
I don't understand the logic:

Justin Gatlin is more athletic then anybody in the NFL, therefore: he sucks.

Hes not more athletic, hes faster there is a big difference. With that bieng said, good luck to the guy hope he succeeds, certianly not saying its impossible... im just doubtful.

DolfanDaveInATX said:
Doctors prescribe ritalin for ADD, not testosterone.

Gatlin had previously tested positive for an amphetamine at the 2001 U.S. junior championships. The banned substance was found in a prescription medication he had taken for attention deficit disorder

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/story/2006/07/31/justin-gatlin-coach.html

That was his first suspension which never should have taken place.

So at worst he is a one time offender who shouldnt be banned. Second off his coach is under heavy investigation (or at least was) for giving performance enhancers to athletes without them knowing.

Back
Top Bottom