worst call ever!! lions vs. packers | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

worst call ever!! lions vs. packers

nolefin

thank you
Reaction score
the running back for the packers gets tackled in the endzone fumbles forward on purpose and there was holding in the endzone and they called it a saftey, then overturned it saying it was a foward pass and the hold was out of the endzone. worst call in the history of the nfl, it topped the ronnie call today these refs are horrible!!!

I still get pissed off everytime I think about that horse**** call on Brown. The refs has been doing a horrible job all year long and they need to go back and learn how to be a real ref.

Reminds me of when Ken Stabler did the "Holy Roller" forward fumble with no time on the clock that was recovered by the Raiders in the end zone for a TD. The Packers O-Lineman held on the play..... definite safety...Lions got screwed over.

Do we want the Packers to win this game??? Nahhhhh.....they need to suck worse than the Jets so the Jets don't get Bush or Leinart. :lol:

Roman529 said:
Reminds me of when Ken Stabler did the "Holy Roller" forward fumble with no time on the clock that was recovered by the Raiders in the end zone for a TD. The Packers O-Lineman held on the play..... definite safety...Lions got screwed over.

Do we want the Packers to win this game??? Nahhhhh.....they need to suck worse than the Jets so the Jets don't get Bush or Leinart. :lol:

thats the only reason i am watching....... lol they dont have a coin for the toss in ot lol

nolefin said:
the running back for the packers gets tackled in the endzone fumbles forward on purpose and there was holding in the endzone and they called it a saftey, then overturned it saying it was a foward pass and the hold was out of the endzone. worst call in the history of the nfl, it topped the ronnie call today these refs are horrible!!!

well it was the right rule right? how can it be the worst call ever when its the right ruling.

the holding was probably in the endzone, but calling a spot of a holding call the worst call ever is pretty excessive.

Nappy Roots said:
well it was the right rule right? how can it be the worst call ever when its the right ruling.

the holding was probably in the endzone, but calling a spot of a holding call the worst call ever is pretty excessive.

did you see it? it was bad i dont care about the rule, the guy was going down and threw the ball intentially out of the endzone and they call it a foward pass? wtf? what about intential grounding? its bad regardless the lions got screwed bad real bad

nolefin said:
did you see it? it was bad i dont care about the rule, the guy was going down and threw the ball intentially out of the endzone and they call it a foward pass? wtf? what about intential grounding? its bad regardless the lions got screwed bad real bad

There was no intentional grounding because Gado was outside the pocket and the ball made it to the LOS.

Sherman was very smart by throwing the flag.

My personal opinion is that the holding call occured while the ball was in the endzone, and should of resulted in a safety. I think the refs got it right on the intentional grounding call.

nolefin said:

great call actually

1- It was a forward pass he is considerd a throwing option as long as he is behind the LOS

2- The holding started outside the endzone, although it ended in the endzone it started at the 1

nolefin said:

1- its the right call

2- there was a WR right there

I also think it was a good call. Gado was very smart throwing the ball out. And I also agree the holding started at the line of scrimage, kind of like a forward progress for holding. I like it when coaches actually know the rules of the game and exploit them. Good job, Packers.

Bad call. Good explanation on the fumble or incomplete pass or whatever you want to call it but the holding was inside the endzone.

Alex22 said:
great call actually

1- It was a forward pass he is considerd a throwing option as long as he is behind the LOS

2- The holding started outside the endzone, although it ended in the endzone it started at the 1

The entire O-line was lined up in the endzone because the ball was so close to the goal line. As soon as the ball was snapped they were all in the endzone. The Right tackle was the one who held, and he just rolled over and took down the DL in the endzone. If it is legal to review and see if the guy intentionally grounded the ball it should be legal to see that the holding penalty was clearly in the endzone.

That makes twice this year that I can recall that the Lions lose a game solely on BS referee calls. They lost at Tampa earlier this year when a TD call was "indusputably the wrong call" and overturned, when it was clearly not indisputable.

Back
Top Bottom