Worst Miami Dolphins Running Defense Of All Time! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Worst Miami Dolphins Running Defense Of All Time!

The main problems I have with Burke are:
1. Why so many big cushions by the CBs on 3rd and manageable?
2. If the main reason for the blown assignments and coverages is the scheme being too complicated, why can't he simplify it? I mean are there no variations of what he does that his players could understand?
However, and I know it's not popular to say this around here, I'm not willing to blame Burke completely for how bad this D is. As with the offense, the lack of talent is clear. We have 2 SS on the field at the same time, a FS/slot CB playing boundary CB, our DEs are either old, washed up or draft busts, LB unit is weak and the depth is also poor. It's not like he has all the tools to work with and just can't put it together.

And I don't understand. He gets press corners and plays off. He gets a FS and plays him in the slot or boundary. (Yes, I understand SOME of the time, he had little choice.) He has a weak pass rush from the front 4, but refuses to blitz. I used to count the time opposing QBs had, but quite when I kept getting to one-thousand-four. And how many DCs would have seen his unit gashed on three straight drives before making adjustments? D calls to complex for MOST of the 11? That's THEIR fault - I'm not changing. Yes, he has had some trials. He has had some weak talent. But I see little evidence he made changes in response to those weaknesses.

Odd thing is Raekwon’s actually showing a little more inside the tackles of late.

Enough where I don’t think I’d part with him for a late 3rd rounder like earlier any more.

Provided he thumps in a 2 down role I can live with it.

Gesicki though nope I’m driving him to the airport for a 3rd round return lol

Hate to say it but Shula had some horrible years with our
run defense

Allowing 2400 or even 2500 yards rushing
with 20+ rushing tds allowed.

Back
Top Bottom