Worst Sports Signings Ever???? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Worst Sports Signings Ever????

5. Michael Vick, Atlanta Falcons (10 years, $130 million, including a $37 million signing bonus)

really dumb move with everything going on now. :D

It is easy to look back and see what was a terrible signing. What about looking ahead? What team do you think made the worst signing this year?

Can whatever money that Dicky Satan got from us be added to that list somewheres?

hehe I forgot all about bryant big country reeves.

i dont know about beckham. I think it was a smart move to bring him here and alot of that money is not paid by the Galaxy its paid by endorsement.

i dont know about beckham. I think it was a smart move to bring him here and alot of that money is not paid by the Galaxy its paid by endorsement.

$50 mil a year though? I mean it might be good for the sport here in the US, but that is a lot of money for a guy that doesn't even start on his own team over there. I see why they would do it to fill seats and bring in a new crowd of followers, but are you going to go out and buy a jersey?

$50 mil a year though? I mean it might be good for the sport here in the US, but that is a lot of money for a guy that doesn't even start on his own team over there. I see why they would do it to fill seats and bring in a new crowd of followers, but are you going to go out and buy a jersey?

If the Galaxy were paying him $50 mil a year it would be a bad signing, but once again, it's paid mostly through endorsements. I haven't seen the actual figure that Galaxy will pay...anyone?

See I misunderstood the deal then. I thought it was a 5 year $250 Million. I didn't realize that was counting endorsements. Anyone have a link to the deal?

Derrick Dockery - Bills
Leonard Davis - Cowboys
LaVar Arrington - NY Giants

7 years/49 million :sidelol:

minnesota vikings-Daunte Culpepper 10 years 102mill

Oh, and I know the NFL guys get a ton of guaranteed money up front depending on their stature, but I would never bunch them in with baseball and NBA players. In the NFL, if you play out the duration of your contract, then you've earned the right to keep that contract in the eyes of management, which is a good investment. That's why I would hardly consider most NFL players in this list.

Back
Top Bottom