Would Dolphins dare to draft Mallett 15th? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would Dolphins dare to draft Mallett 15th?

I agree that Mallet would be an uprade over Henne but for a team that desperately needs leadership and enthuasiam, Mallet doesnt fit. Id rather get pouncey, or trade down and get hankerson.

I actually think Mallett look the part - he is much more elusive than Henne on game tape

I would like to trade back, and then if we took him, it wouldn't piss me off. But honestly, the fins FO seems like the FO that's the most excited about Mallett.

I don't see Mallett lasting past the teens in the first round, his stock is rising and your fooling yourself, if you have a conviction on a QB, you don't fool around and possibly lose him.

I would really love it, if they take Mallet at 15. What is the worst that can happen? We would be looking at this scenario again next year...

Doesn't Luck come out next year? Honestly, we likely aren't going anywhere far anyway this season (still think Henne deserves shot under someone who isn't inept), let's hope different. I don't know enough about Mallet..but..the fact someone drops because of "off the field issues" seems kind of silly..depending on what it actually is. They're in ****ing College for christ sakes of course they'll do dumb ****.

In what way does he not fit ? What is that based on ? If you have concrete info.....share please !

Just look how he acts, completely clueless. He is a drug abuser. We need to think above this. I would much rather take a qb that we have all conviction in, not to just pick mallet because he is there at 15

Just look how he acts, completely clueless. He is a drug abuser. We need to think above this. I would much rather take a qb that we have all conviction in, not to just pick mallet because he is there at 15

Says Mrs. White

I don't see Mallett lasting past the teens in the first round, his stock is rising and your fooling yourself, if you have a conviction on a QB, you don't fool around and possibly lose him.

If we don't take him, I think he'll slide to at least the early 20's.

It would be great if they could trade down and get him but I don't have the stomach for that kind of gambling anymore I'm too old. Anyway a lot would have to go right, nobody would have to draft him in between picks and we would have to hope Miami doesn't screw up the picks they do get for trading down. QB is the biggest problem on the team and probably the hardest to fix in the NFL. It's like if you handed me $100,000 I would rather keep it than risk it for 125,000.

I agree that Mallet would be an uprade over Henne but for a team that desperately needs leadership and enthuasiam, Mallet doesnt fit. Id rather get pouncey, or trade down and get hankerson.

Well we desperately need better QB play too. I think that's a bigger need that leadership and enthusiasm imo.

I don't think we need to go guard in the first round, and I think Hankerson would be a luxury, not a necessity.

I would love to draft Mallett, but not at #15. I think a trade down in the 20's for a 2nd RD pick is our priority right now!!! If he's there in the 20's, we pull the trigger. He is an obvious upgrade over Henne. I'm hoping Henne finally gets it, but i can't see it happening. Mallett has a stronger arm, better deep ball accuracy, and didn't have the line or WR's Henne had in college, yet grossly outperformed him against better competition!!! Over their last 2 years in college Mallett- 491/814 7493yds 62 TDs 19 INTs Henne-365/606 4446yds 39TDs 17 INTs. Thats not even close!!! Henne also looks so uncomfortable in the pocket and it seems like he has no confidence!!! Thats something that is definitely not missing in Malletts' game. He's borderline ****y and i love that in a QB!!! Marino would yell at his WR's and had a fire inside him that made the team play better for him. That is a great leader in my book. The last time we took a ****y, strong-armed QB with rumored drug issues, it workrd out pretty well for us!!! I'm in no way trying to say that he will be the next Marino but you never know??? Aaaron Rodgers and Drew Brees were passed over by many teams(twice for us on Brees). Tom Brady was a 6th Rd pick!!! Lets get this guy and stop this QB carousel instead of looking back at all the failed trades and draft picks we used on garbage QBs!!!

- Upgrade over Henne? Based on what please? Now remember, I am asking based on Mallett working asking NFL caliber players. What will Mallett have that Henne lacks?

- Totally agree with you about him displaying no confidence. I truly blame the coaching staff on this one. Look at Henne the year before and then look at the year after. Big difference in his confidence. While I agree he took a step back this past season it is the coach(s) job to put their players in a position to have the most success. Our coaching staff failed in this area.

Doesn't Luck come out next year? Honestly, we likely aren't going anywhere far anyway this season (still think Henne deserves shot under someone who isn't inept), let's hope different. I don't know enough about Mallet..but..the fact someone drops because of "off the field issues" seems kind of silly..depending on what it actually is. They're in ****ing College for christ sakes of course they'll do dumb ****.

I still don't see us getting Luck next year. We might not be great next season, but we certainly won't suck. Our defense is to good for that to happen. We'll be picking middle of the road like we always do. I see Henne starting again regardless if we draft Mallet or not.

If he abuses drugs and plays QB like he did every Saturday, than Miami needs to ge as much coke as thu possibly can and give it to him, consistently.

Back
Top Bottom