Would Jake Plummer have worked out in Miami? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would Jake Plummer have worked out in Miami?

SkapePhin

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
He seems to have rejuvinated his career in Denver.. Is it just the system or would he have been successful down here too?

Also, I heard some Quentin Griffin fans before the season saying that he was better than Portis and would replace him.. and he does look good.. Denver just seems to find stud rb's like Bledsoe takes sacks.. It really is amazing..

Denver doesn't find stud RBs(save Portis and Davis), they have a stud line. Take Indy for example(again, save EJ). Dominique Rhodes? James Mungro? It's the line. You have to REALLY watch the RB to understand a great line from a great RB, or both.

System fits him to a Tee. His system in Arizona was kinda like ours. Pocket passing. And the talent around him......didn't exist.

Plummer's improved his play under Shannahan. But I dont' think he'd enjoy the same level of success with us. Their offensive personel is just so much better than ours.

I know the offensive line is a major reason for their rushing success.. but they are still good.. Terrel Davis and Clinton Portis arent no talent hacks.

It's amazing because Denver's heaviest starting offensive lineman weighs 295 lbs. They have two backups that top 300 (305 and 338), but that's it.

Quick, technically sound, well-coached.

Just more talent around Plummer...

I agree with whoever said that.
What that OL accomplishes is amazing!

Originally posted by Fiedler for MVP
KC's line is pretty small as well, by the nfl's standards...they may be the best o-line in the league

Not really though. KC is pretty big. Tall tackles, short guards.

Starters
Roaf = 315
Waters = 318
Weigmann = 285
Shields = 315
Tait = 323

Backups
T Brett Williams = 321
T Spears = 320
G Willis = 325
G Black = 314

Originally posted by Muck
It's amazing because Denver's heaviest starting offensive lineman weighs 295 lbs. They have two backups that top 300 (305 and 338), but that's it.

Quick, technically sound, well-coached.

Hate to say it but its also coaching. hate the rat but what can you say he produces big numbers with small lines and diff runners.

Back
Top Bottom