Would This Be Worth It? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would This Be Worth It?

Chaozfilms137

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Ok, so, consider this. We seem to be a lock for the #1 overall pick right now. With Big Ben out and Pittsburgh lacking playmakers, let’s say the pick we got for Minkah is a Top 5 pick. Would it be worth possibly picking up Tua AND Herbert? Give them a shot and see what they’ve got? Worst case scenario, the team isn’t blown away by them and we grab Trevor Lawrence the following year. Best case scenario, they both pan out and we trade the other for a king’s ransom.

Ok, so, consider this. We seem to be a lock for the #1 overall pick right now. With Big Ben out and Pittsburgh lacking playmakers, let’s say the pick we got for Minkah is a Top 5 pick. Would it be worth possibly picking up Tua AND Herbert? Give them a shot and see what they’ve got? Worst case scenario, the team isn’t blown away by them and we grab Trevor Lawrence the following year. Best case scenario, they both pan out and we trade the other for a king’s ransom.
You are over thinking... better sit down before you hurt yourself

I think drafting two top 10 quarterbacks over the next two first rounds is unlikely and not wise. Drafting three would be crazy in my opinion.

I'm thinking we add Fromm with the Houston pick as well.

Throw in Rosen and we rotate QBs by the quarter.

It gets a little confusing when we add Lawrence in 2021, but we can cross that bridge when it gets here.

I'm thinking we add Fromm with the Houston pick as well.

Throw in Rosen and we rotate QBs by the quarter.

It gets a little confusing when we add Lawrence in 2021, but we can cross that bridge when it gets here.
I am not sure Fromm will be there??

Maybe we can buy low on Drew Lock?

Can always convert Tua to tight end if the other guy turns out better.

Would it be worth possibly picking up Tua AND Herbert? Give them a shot and see what they’ve got? Worst case scenario, the team isn’t blown away by them and we grab Trevor Lawrence the following year.

No.

Obviously, they can only start one. And the one sitting on your bench then becomes devalued. Not only is he a high 1st rounder not playing each game, but other teams know you have to trade him and will lower their offers.

Slightly different situation, but that's why the Cardinals only got a 2nd for Josh Rosen (which the Dolphins probably even over-payed). All other franchises knew they couldn't keep 2 QB's on the roster with that high of a draft investment.

I said draft a qb that falls this upcoming draft give him a shot and draft Lawrence in 2021.

Everyone talks about it being such a terrible idea because they are turds without a brain.

How many QB's have turned out to be busts? A lot so investing a high pick in a QB without taking another one with a decently high pick to compete is stupid and that's the reason why Tannehill was here so long.

This is why most fans think they could run a front office but in reality they'd be the worst of all time.

I say we draft 15 QBs in the next two years. Our probability of hitting on one should go up. :pbj:

Sign me up for Tua and Jerry Jeudy. Jeudy is going to be an elite receiver in this league.

Plus bringing in Tua's #1 (and please god, a RT) would really ease the guy in down here in Miami.

Back
Top Bottom