Would This Be Worth It? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would This Be Worth It?

Ok, so, consider this. We seem to be a lock for the #1 overall pick right now. With Big Ben out and Pittsburgh lacking playmakers, let’s say the pick we got for Minkah is a Top 5 pick. Would it be worth possibly picking up Tua AND Herbert? Give them a shot and see what they’ve got? Worst case scenario, the team isn’t blown away by them and we grab Trevor Lawrence the following year. Best case scenario, they both pan out and we trade the other for a king’s ransom.

There are a few who say 'draft a QB every year until you get the franchise QB.' Those would agree. I don't and very few NFL FOs do.

Ok, so, consider this. We seem to be a lock for the #1 overall pick right now. With Big Ben out and Pittsburgh lacking playmakers, let’s say the pick we got for Minkah is a Top 5 pick. Would it be worth possibly picking up Tua AND Herbert? Give them a shot and see what they’ve got? Worst case scenario, the team isn’t blown away by them and we grab Trevor Lawrence the following year. Best case scenario, they both pan out and we trade the other for a king’s ransom.
I thought people stoped smoking crack in the 90's

If you take a QB number 1 overall, you assume you are giving him a chance to claim the job.
Only thing I would say is maybe grab a sleeper QB rounds 4-5-6 like Washington did with Cousins that year, and RGIII. Just in case- but it seems to me that Rosen is that 2nd guy, so unless he is deemed to be worthless, keep Rosen around, and if he gets a shot due to injury or something like that, and lights it up, well then we have a winner. If the number one pick lights it up, let Rosen play in the preseason and try to flip him in a year or two to a QB hungry team.

This would be an awful decision. You can spend all your 1st rounders on the same position. We need to hit on every draft pick for the next couple years.

No. Tua and another top 5 position bpa.

Although Pittsburgh and top 5 seems ambitious imo

Use our first for QB, trade the second for capital in 2021 (ideally first and second round), then for third if Tua get an RT, anyone else LT. Second round DE and WR then start filling in the corn.

Probably not the best idea to take two QB’s in the top 10 of the same draft especially since whoever we take is already going to be competing against a top 10 pick in Rosen for the job. Now assuming your not a Tua fan or don’t trust Alabama players, it would make more sense to Trade #1 for a boatload of picks and then draft another QB with the Steelers pick. Let that guy compete with Rosen to start in 2020. At least then you have the boatload of picks from trading #1 to work with in 2021 if neither one looks like the answer.

Sign me up for Tua and Jerry Jeudy. Jeudy is going to be an elite receiver in this league.

Plus bringing in Tua's #1 (and please god, a RT) would really ease the guy in down here in Miami.

This would be the ultimate home run for me. Mason Rudolph has to really suck though. Going to have to get into the top 5 for Jeudy.

Can always move up from say 7 to 4.

& start rooting for the Giants.

I also like Lamb, Shenault, Reagor, Ruggs III, Higgins.... some good options with our later first rounders and our likely top of the second.

This gives us tua, biadiz, ruggs, and leatherwood top 33 picks thoughts?

I think once ruggs runs sub 4.3 he might get the John Ross draft stock treatment.

Back
Top Bottom