Would u make this trade??? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would u make this trade???

MustangFinFan

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
We now have two second rounders...our late 2nd round pick, im not sure who we could get at that spot so late...but if u had our #40, and our newly acquired #60 from New England..thats 800 points, which is equal to the #21 spot in the 1st round....would u rather keep the two 2nd rounders, or trade them for the #21 pick in the 1st round??

Me...id rather trade the two picks for the #21 spot...BUT id also trade our #9 to move back a little, and gain a 2nd round pick. therefore we have two 1st rounders...and still keep a 2nd rounder. perhaps we get an early 2nd rounder, high enough to snatch Ryan Khalil.

or of course if that happens...(we have 2 first rounders)...we could trade them both for a pair of 2nd rounders each...aka, 4 second round picks. but id never do that...im all for trading back our #9, and then trading both of our 2nds for an extra 1st

you??

if that happened...id go all out on the offensive line...i know we have Alabi and Toledo grooming...but u cant rely on them purely....id get Blalock/Grubbs/Khalil to fill LT/LG/C. let Alabi and Blalock battle for LT, and Toledo and Grubbs battle for LG. then move Hadnot to RG, and let him and Shelton battle for RG.

I think it would be much harder to find a trading partner in that situation. I also think there will still be plenty of talent at #60.

Yeah, im starting to think concentrated oline again, since it looks like Quinn wont make it passed the Browns. Its easy to get distracted, and oline are the least appreciated (by fans anyway) positions on the field, but foudationally the most important.

thats an interesting scenario, my initial response without taking some good time to think it over would be to do it. two picks in the top 21 sounds pretty damn intriguing to me.

I also would probably focus on O line. I would certainly try to land a LT with one of the two picks, and maybe snatch olsen with the 21st. Would that be a huge reach? I think it would be a decent pick, if he's going in the first, it shouldn't be, 21st of 32 seems about right.

#9 landry or brown
#21 if no landry than nelson, olsen or a Stud WR

i think were best off trading down in the first and adding pcks but i dont want to trade up we need as many picks as we can get.

I would not do this. This years draft is incredibly deep and I would be looking to acquire as many picks as possible. Forget about trading up, I say we trade down and load up on youth.

yea we definetely DONT need to trade UP.

another scenario is to trade our #9 for the New Englands' #24 and #28. would they do that? most likely not. but it would still excite me. snatch up Justin Blalock (LT) and Greg Olsen (TE)...try to get a guard (Aaron Sears maybe) in the 2nd round. we can get a Safety with our 2nd pick in the 2nd round...like Brandon Merriweather, not sure if he'd still be there...but its worth a try.

We now have two second rounders...our late 2nd round pick, im not sure who we could get at that spot so late...but if u had our #40, and our newly acquired #60 from New England..thats 800 points, which is equal to the #21 spot in the 1st round....would u rather keep the two 2nd rounders, or trade them for the #21 pick in the 1st round??

Me...id rather trade the two picks for the #21 spot...BUT id also trade our #9 to move back a little, and gain a 2nd round pick. therefore we have two 1st rounders...and still keep a 2nd rounder. perhaps we get an early 2nd rounder, high enough to snatch Ryan Khalil.

or of course if that happens...(we have 2 first rounders)...we could trade them both for a pair of 2nd rounders each...aka, 4 second round picks. but id never do that...im all for trading back our #9, and then trading both of our 2nds for an extra 1st

you??

what a tongue twister......theres alot u want to do there buddy.....too early to tell.....id like a trade down scenario where we get more picks......but at 9 there might be a cant miss prospect by the name of laron landry who i want.....

thats an interesting scenario, my initial response without taking some good time to think it over would be to do it. two picks in the top 21 sounds pretty damn intriguing to me.

I also would probably focus on O line. I would certainly try to land a LT with one of the two picks, and maybe snatch olsen with the 21st. Would that be a huge reach? I think it would be a decent pick, if he's going in the first, it shouldn't be, 21st of 32 seems about right.

#9 landry or brown
#21 if no landry than nelson, olsen or a Stud WR

:up:

as far as OL goes...we have to ask ourselves, are we content with Alabi and Toledo? what if they turn into maulers...then drafting 2 linemen is worthless. at this point...im not too content with them tho

Trade down (Trading up is not always best) especially in a talented but no so elite draft

i think were best off trading down in the first and adding pcks but i dont want to trade up we need as many picks as we can get.

yep. St. Louis maybe? 13 could be the deal for Levi and then get more picks and then trade them to move up into 1st to get Kalil. There is a plan right there.

It all depends on what's there and your conviction on a player.

For instance, if I had a much stronger conviction that Laron Landry was going to be a star than I did of Levi Brown (or anyone else slated to go in that area I traded down to), I wouldn't trade down just because I wanted a lineman and an extra pick.

Likewise, if you have conviction that there's a guy late in the first round (like possibly Khalil) that can be special, or you see (as JJ put it) sliding value, you'd certainly have to consider it.

It all depends on the moment, IMO.

trading back 'a little' to gain a second round pick is probably moving back 4-6 spots. who could be there that is interesting for us? Revis, Hall, Willis, Ginn?

Back
Top Bottom