Would you at least consider RunDMC? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would you at least consider RunDMC?

DOL-FAN92

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Everyone knows the 05 draft story...we used the 2nd overall draft choice on Ronnie Brown,but here is what intrigues me...

Ronnie Brown has never finished FULL SEASON

Ronnie only rushed over a 1000 yards once in 06 by a merely 8 yards

Every time Ronnie gets hurt,its at the worst possible time,and is a liability to entrust him

While in college,he was shareing the backfield with Carnell Williams(was the 5th overall choice in 05),and wasnt known as an injury prone player

Ronnie cant seem to execute in the NFL without someone to share carries with

On top of everthing else,Ronnie had a torn ligament in his leg,doctors reportiong he wont be ready for the start of next year,and theres a good possibility that he wont be the same back he was before he got injured

All im saying is if your RunningBack's a huge mystery to whether he will be back,or able to produce again is a MAJOR concern

I believe if we cannot get a trade with Dallas including their 2 first rounders,their next years first round,and this years 2nd,we should draft McFadden

Now i know what your thinking,were just shooting ourselves in the foot...but all the junior running backs are coming out this year,and whos to say that the next Adrian Peterson is on our laps and have no interest in him...

Needless to say,before Ronnie got injured,i really thought he was going to stay healthy,but he just satisfied me that he is injury prone,and we dont even know if hell be ready,and if he is,theres a chance he wont be the star he was,and im sorry,as a fan,i dont want to look back a year later from now and see Darren McFadden being the best back,and Ronnie Brown comming and getting hurt again...thats simply not a chance id like to take...i was always taught,"take the surer things in life"...to me,this is no different:bump:

Parcells is not a fan of giving RB's all that guaranteed money. They have too short a shelf life, get injured too often, and you can get decent ones in later rounds. We don't need a #1 and #2 overall pick sharing carries, especially when we have so many other holes.

We don't need a running back. We DO need a lot of other positions.

Everyone knows the 05 draft story...we used the 2nd overall draft choice on Ronnie Brown,but here is what intrigues me...

Ronnie Brown has never finished FULL SEASON

Ronnie only rushed over a 1000 yards once in 06 by a merely 8 yards

Every time Ronnie gets hurt,its at the worst possible time,and is a liability to entrust him

While in college,he was shareing the backfield with Carnell Williams(was the 5th overall choice in 05),and wasnt known as an injury prone player

Ronnie cant seem to execute in the NFL without someone to share carries with

On top of everthing else,Ronnie had a torn ligament in his leg,doctors reportiong he wont be ready for the start of next year,and theres a good possibility that he wont be the same back he was before he got injured

All im saying is if your RunningBack's a huge mystery to whether he will be back,or able to produce again is a MAJOR concern

I believe if we cannot get a trade with Dallas including their 2 first rounders,their next years first round,and this years 2nd,we should draft McFadden

Now i know what your thinking,were just shooting ourselves in the foot...but all the junior running backs are coming out this year,and whos to say that the next Adrian Peterson is on our laps and have no interest in him...

Needless to say,before Ronnie got injured,i really thought he was going to stay healthy,but he just satisfied me that he is injury prone,and we dont even know if hell be ready,and if he is,theres a chance he wont be the star he was,and im sorry,as a fan,i dont want to look back a year later from now and see Darren McFadden being the best back,and Ronnie Brown comming and getting hurt again...thats simply not a chance id like to take...i was always taught,"take the surer things in life"...to me,this is no different:bump:
Sorry man, can't go for this guy. Look, I'm a huge Mizzou fan, but I gotta' tell ya', when my Tigers defense put a lid on this guy, I learned a thing or two. Why? Because the Mizzou defense is not all that outstanding; good, but not outstanding - yet. Sure he lit up LSU; but by the same token, he disappeared against Mizzou; a non-factor; and that just shouldn't happen in a big bowl game. Sure he got his 100 yards, but a talent like that, against a defense like Mizzou's should have yielded a 200 yard day, especially with his speed. So what gives? I don't know why, but he just has a tendency to disappear at times, particularly if things aren't going his way. Just my opinion.

no i wouldnt Consider him at all we have a couple good back behind ronnie

ronnie started the season in a slump rushing for 65 yards his 1st 2 games then went on to average about 110 yards a game, and he did that by himself, he was are leading rusher nd probably would have been beat out LT for the rushing title, ronnie is the real deal.

we need to spend our picks on positions that we need

i'd love him. think he can revamp a franchise by himself. but it won't happen. somebody in the top 5 is going to be really lucky to have him.

also, he's the bpa. i think need shouldn't matter this high, because you have no clue where the franchise is going to be when the dolphins can actually contend again.

would love to take him and trade ronnie. (who i think is the donovan mcnabb of RB's) having said that, i'd still love to have dorsey or long.

ronnie started the season in a slump rushing for 65 yards his 1st 2 games then went on to average about 110 yards a game, and he did that by himself, he was are leading rusher nd probably would have been beat out LT for the rushing title, ronnie is the real deal.

we need to spend our picks on positions that we need
yea isnt that Amazing that he was our leading rusher all last year and he didnt even play half the season

Id consider it as a smoke screen, but no way would I seriously look at drafting a RB. We have WAY too many holes on this team to take another RB

yea isnt that Amazing that he was our leading rusher all last year and he didnt even play half the season

he was also our 3rd receiver to

althught if chatman hadnt got hurt he woulda been our leading rusher but he went down to

Id consider it as a smoke screen, but no way would I seriously look at drafting a RB. We have WAY too many holes on this team to take another RB

Agreed, let the Mcfadden lovers give up a few picks to move on up..he is an amazing talent but we have deeper concerns IMO

If for some reason we need a RB we can get a good one later on in the draft, but I think we are fine with RB, Ricky, LoBook and Chatman (depending on whether he resigns). You don't chose a RB or a QB with the first overall pick unless you are sure they will have a Hall of Fame career.

Back
Top Bottom