Would You Be A Nfl Fan If No Dolphins? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would You Be A Nfl Fan If No Dolphins?

I grew up in central Indiana with no local team to root for.....Bengals were the closest but it was certainly quite a haul to go to Cincinnati. Adopted the Dolphins as my team when I was a kid. Probably would have adopted another team if it hadn't been them.

Had the Colts been in Indianapolis when I was young, I would had cheered for them. By the time they moved to Indy, had already been a Dolphins fan long enough to not jump ship.

If the Dolphins became no more I would 100% be done with the shitty league. Living in NE it would be easy to just quit the NFL. But I’m a diehard Fins fan and will be as long as they exist.

I became a fins fan because of Shula. I grew up in PA, and we got a lot of Eagles game in our area, so I adopted them as my NFC team. I remember when Roman Gabriel was their QB, so it's been a while that I have stuck with those teams. I don't watch any of the Monday/Thursday nigh games unless one of my teams are playing. Football Sundays rule, so yea, I would still watch on Sundays.

I have been a fan of the Dolphins for over 30 years .I live in a die hard football city (Buffalo) and it hasn't been easy.
I must say that if the Dolphins left Miami I could not stomach the NFL.
So much crap from the Players,Refs ,Owners and league Management it's like a soap opera every week.Im not saying the Dolphins are saints but I would probably never watch the NFL again.
The other professional sports leagues don't have half of the drama as the NFL.Maybe a new commissioner could help things.

i always wondered if the dolphins left miami and went to another city and miami never had another franchise would i continue to root for the team in the new city.. probably but not with the same passion.
now that my daughter is at Penn State i guess i would bring my passion there.. lol

The only sporting event I watch is Miami Dolphins football. No college football, no baseball, no basketball, no soccer, no Olympics, and, with the rare exception, no other NFL games. I'm a Dolphins fan, not an NFL fan. If Miami's season is over, so is mine. I don't care about the playoffs or the Super Bowl if Miami isn't involved. If there were no more Miami Dolphins, that would be the end of my interest in football.

I've been a Dolphins fan for 40 years. I used to check the scores and read the match ups in the Saturday and Monday local Charlotte Observer news paper. I've seen Dolphins SB losses to the Redskins and 49ers. I'm a charter member of DTV and the NFL Sunday ticket. On Sunday's I only watch the Dolphins and browse other scores with minimal interest. The only question for me would be if the Dolphins left Miami. If they left and still had the same uniforms, I'd be a fan of the "new" team. If they left and no longer wore the white hats with the Dolphin, I would no longer watch the NFL except perhaps for the SB commercials.

To answer the question posted in the thread title, it depends. Twenty years ago? Yes. Today? Probably not.

I think if I didn't have a rooting interest in pro football, I would stick to NCAAF.

Would I still be a fan if the Dolphins relocated from Miami? I suppose it depends on the relocation. If for instance we moved down the road like the Chargers did moving from San Diego to Los Angeles, then I guess I might be able to go along with that as long as they kept the name and colors. However, if it was a substantial move, like say the Rams going from St Louis to Los Angeles, then I don't think I could. Granted I am not from Miami or have ties to the local area, so I didn't pick the Dolphins because of that. I picked the Dolphins because of guys like Taylor and Thomas, I liked the jerseys, the team has history, and they appeared on Ace Ventura! So I guess I could still be a fan, but it's debatable.

Would I be an NFL fan if there was never any Dolphins team? Yes. I guess I probably would have picked the Tampa Bay Buccaneers or Oakland Raiders. The Pirate Bowl was the first Super Bowl I stayed up to watch live, so I might have ended up picking one of those two teams. Or perhaps the 49ers could have been my choice since they won the Super Bowl the year I was born and I like San Francisco. I guess for me it could have been any team because I don't have any particular ties to any one part of America. I became an NFL fan first, then picked the Dolphins.

Back
Top Bottom