would you be content to let DW... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

would you be content to let DW...

Fisticuff

hm mmm, peanut butter and crack sandwich
Reaction score
finish his contract with the dolphins IF he cleans house?

if DW let go of Turner (who might be going to Neb.) and bates. then promised to go after some sklled positions miami doesn't have? Oline, WR, or QB in the draft and FA?

a lot of NFL experts have good things to say about DW. maybe he just needs to new blood in terms of a choaching staff? someone who actually knows how to run an offense, and defense?

i'm on the bubble. i wouldn't object to getting Schottenheimer, Crennel, Johnson (philly), or so on... i think these young guys are gonna be great choaches (and Schottenheimer is still a great coach).

but like the title says... would you leave DW as coach for another year (finishing out his contract) if he DOES go out and get and get talent the offense needs (QB, WR, Oline) and some new staff members?

We've tried that remember. Norv Turner WAS the new blood. Dave is also an intensely loyal guy who would never torch all of his assistants; he'd rather take the plunge with them than do that.

As far as Crapenheimer goes, I just have one thing to say: PLEASE GOD NOOOOOOO! He's just what we need: another recycled coach that can't win in December and who can't win the big game (he never has won a big game in his career and he never will.) I'd rather keep Wanny for another decade than have Crapenheimer float down the bowl to us; at least the players respect Wanny, the same can't be said for Crapenheimer's players.

I am intrigued by Jim Johnson in Philly. I know people don't like college coaches but saban and Stoops could be great coaches. Both took struggling programs and turned them around immediately. I definitely do NOT want Crennel or Weis. The NE offense is mostly stagnant and the defense is mostly a product of Belichek. Don't get me wrong, I hope NE loses them to force change on them but I don't want them for the Fins. If Wanny gets fired, Wayne will likely consult Shula which could mean Schotenheimer if he is fired. They are very good buds.

if he' gonna consult with shula, he might as well hire him lol. i think thats something the dolphin fans (and players) would enjoy.

but i don't think DS wants to come back.. if he does he bring marino with him ;)

Expo88- well if NT goes to nebraska then theres no issue. our D has played well, so maybe bates could stay.

"Crapenheimer" is still a great coach. his players are all young... if he comes to miami he is flooded with vetren leadership. and since he is about improving, this year he go Neal, Boston, and Lassiter which are big names. he has balls, and will draft what we need rather then a LB...

he's not crap, he's a good coach who's trying to change SD into a good team. he's trying to rebuild... but seau is a reason why maybe he wouldn't?

If we're at the point that Marty S is seriously being considered, I'll have to take back what I said about Dan Reeves earlier today and give him my full support. At least Dan has seen the Super Bowl...

As to the original question:

No. Dave must go. At the very least, he must have no say in player personnel decisions. I find it very unlikely that he'd accept that and a housecleaning, though.

sam amount of wins though... 0

and marty is more hard nosed.. something miami needs.

Hey, I actually like Marty and Martyball. I'm just not willing to risk this defense's last chance at glory on a guy who hasn't punched it in.

I hope Marty gets to the show one day and surprises everybody. I'm just not nearly confident enough that it can happen to hand him the key to Miami.

Marty Schottenheimer...

From 1986-1997 as head coach of the Browns and Chiefs, Schottenheimer led his teams to 12 straight winning seasons and 10 trips to the playoffs. He led six of his teams to division titles, including the Browns in 1985, '86 and '87, and the Chiefs in 1993, '95 and '97. Including the playoffs, Schottenheimer has a combined record of 166-112-1 (.597) as an NFL head coach.

1984 Cleveland 4 4 0 .500
1985 Cleveland 8 8 0 .500
1986 Cleveland 12 4 0 .750
1987 Cleveland 10 5 0 .667
1988 Cleveland 10 6 0 .625
1989 Kansas City 8 7 1 .500
1990 Kansas City 11 5 0 .688
1991 Kansas City 10 6 0 .625
1992 Kansas City 10 6 0 .625
1993 Kansas City 11 5 0 .688
1994 Kansas City 9 7 0 .553
1995 Kansas City 13 3 0 .812
1996 Kansas City 9 7 0 .553
1997 Kansas City 13 3 0 .812
1998 Kansas City 7 9 0 .438
2001 Washington 8 8 0 .500
2002 San Diego 8 8 0 .500

Record w/ Cleveland 44 27 0 .620
Record w/ Kansas City 101 58 1 .631
Record w/ Washington 8 8 0 .500
Record w/ San Diego 8 8 0 .500

Career Record 161 101 1 .614

Yeah...that would just be more of the same. If I wanted to ride that sort of horse, I'd just as soon stick with the one we already have in the stable...

Blueprint, Miami fans won't be content unless they can drag Wanny down the Palmetto Expressway.

Back
Top Bottom