Would you be mad if | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would you be mad if

MDFINFAN

Reach for the Stars
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Miami reached a little and selected Former Hurricane TE Greg Olsen at the number 9 position. Hear me, if we can't get the QB's we want, nor the OT, with such depth at WR, why not get a game changing TE, and then pick up the WR and OL in the 2nd round with the 2 picks we have there. I'm not saying this is a sane thought, but let's face it, we need game changing play makers on the O, we have decent WR's and can still grab a good one in the 2nd round at 40...and a good OL at 60. Olsen is a great TE in the Hurricane tradition, and while we might pay a bit much for him, I feel he's worth it in the long run. I've thought about this O all offseason and I've read all the expert's thoughts, and mock drafts..then I look at our team, and I just think we need to do something a bit odd, but needed.

Your thoughts.

Olsen is a great TE? a game changing TE? are you serious? IMO he wasnt even a first rounder before his 40 time.

a great and game changing TE doesnt average 470 yards in 2 seasons they started and they certianly dont drop a ton of balls

I wouldn't be mad as Olsen could could probably open up the middle of the field as well as any WR in the draft. Defenses would be reluctant to use a LB on him as he would probably be a mismatch over most. Safeties would have to play us more honestly for fear of Olsen running free in the middle of the field.

If Olsen was a better blocker I would actually be excited about him being drafted at #9.

I was watching the multimedia clips on the miami website and they interviewed Joe Thomas and Zach Miller at the combine. Maybe they are targeting Miller for TE. Sure wouldn't be in the first round though.

Sure... with the 9th pick in the 2nd round.

I would be upset if we took him in the 1rst round

( I know he is not going to last till the 2nd round)

Olsen is a great TE? a game changing TE? are you serious? IMO he wasnt even a first rounder before his 40 time.

a great and game changing TE doesnt average 470 yards in 2 seasons they started and they certianly dont drop a ton of balls

I dont think Greg Olsen is as far fetched as many people on this website think...He is the best player at his position and remember Vernon Davis went #6 overall last year and he had similar combine numbers as Greg Olsen...Many experts are saying the only reason his numbers where so low was because he was under utilized in a struggling Hurricane offense...And I dont know if you guys remember this but Ronnie Brown was a nobody until he tore it up at the combine...Im not saying i hope we draft him, becuase i think there are better players available and im ok going into the season with D-Mart and Peele...But i just dont think drafting Greg Olsen is that far fetched...

You Miami guys always think the best talent is in Florida. Most of it is but not Olsen.

I'd probably start rooting for another team.

This is just another example of the ignorance that seems to spread like a bad case of herpies on this website...

Note to Everyone: These type of posts are useless...They add nothing to the conversation...

How many college TEs do you know that garnered double coverage on a consistent basis? Miami's opponents feared Olsen more than their WRs.

I'd turn the TV off and not even log on the internet to see the rest of our picks.

If we're going to reach I would rather it be a position of need....Justin Blalock, for instance, would be a reach at #9, but at least we would be targeting a need. Even Bob Meachem or Jarrett would be better options if we're going to "reach". Ultimately, I would rather we not draft someone who is considered a reach. To me the best thing is to draft the BPA.

Back
Top Bottom