Would you be upset if we took Tannehill at #8? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would you be upset if we took Tannehill at #8?

Would you be upset if we take Tannehill at #8?

• Yes

Votes: 12 24.5%
  • No

Votes: 35 71.4%
  • Undecided

Votes: 2 4.1%

• Total voters

Blake the great

Active Roster
Reaction score
It's definitely a reach but its a necessary reach IMO. I dont understand why some fans are upset by this idea because in the last few years most fins fans have been dying for Miami to take a QB in the first round, even if it is a reach. We cant keep "hoping" for next years draft we can some how have a franchise QB fall into our laps, we have to have a plan and sometimes you gotta play the cards you are dealt. Tannehill is actually not a bad reach either since he's familar with our offense, theres no denying that he has potential and upside and I think he's a safe risk, considering his work ethic and leadership ability and intangibles and all that good stuff.

Im sorry but Quinton Coples isnt going to win championships, a WR isnt going to win championships, and a O-line man sure as hell isnt going to win us a championship, we all know what position wins championships. this is why it is a necessary risk. If Tannehill doesnt work out, then we can draft another QB in another draft:crazy:
you dont know if you dont try.

Not at all I'm tired of the Dolphins being too scared to pull the trigger, It's a risk worth taking.

unless a guy like Justin Blackmon fell to us no. I'd seriously consider both Morris Claiborne and Luke Kuechley however.

It's a tough situation, and you almost gotta weigh their real intentions on this.

Would Ireland draft Tannehill at #8 because he knows it would quiet the rumblings some and possibly buy him more time in Miami or would it do it because Joe Philbin/Mike Sherman have already stated this is the guy they want and he is the guy (not named Peyton Manning) that is available that will give us the best chance at a franchise QB.

Taking Tannehill just to say "I drafted a first round QB" isn't a good enough reason and I wouldn't pass up a top talent like Blackmon or Claiborne because of it. You take him because you are clearly sure he is a better option than Flynn, Moore and Garrard and he gives you to best chance at success going forward.

We'll never know the reason behind it, so I wouldn't be upset as I don't look at my team with the thought process that everything they do has a hidden meaning . . . plus the last time we drafted a first round QB it worked out pretty damn well.

am i sold on him? No
If we take him at 8 am i confident Sherman and Philbin will mold him into their type of QB? Yes, i would be fine with the pick

I would be upset because the other guys I'd want won't be there. Claiborne and Blackmon will both be drafted by this point. If they didn't I wouldn't be mad either because I hope they know what he has to offer. Unless they draft a rt. I'd rather reach for Tannehill than any RT.

I would be upset because the other guys I'd want won't be there. Claiborne and Blackmon will both be drafted by this point. If they didn't I wouldn't be mad either because I hope they know what he has to offer. Unless they draft a rt. I'd rather reach for Tannehill than any RT.

I think if Tannehill and/or Blackmon/Floyd are on board at 8 and they read the name "Reilly Reiff" . . . the reaction in South Florida could be worse than the Ted Ginn Jr. reaction.

I think if Tannehill and/or Blackmon/Floyd are on board at 8 and they read the name "Reilly Reiff" . . . the reaction in South Florida could be worse than the Ted Ginn Jr. reaction.

reiffs a better pro but the reaction should be just that...but you gotta prepare yourself to be dissappointed on draft day as a miami fan...it happens every year...i expect it now

Hell no, I won't be disappointed if Tannehill is the pick. Hell, Ryan Tannehill NEEDS to be the pick at #8. This franchise needs to make a truly meaningful investment in the quarterback position. Besides, the offense that Tannehill ran in college is here in Miami, so the learning curve won't be as steep for him.

reiffs a better pro but the reaction should be just that...but you gotta prepare yourself to be dissappointed on draft day as a miami fan...it happens every year...i expect it now

I agree with both of you. Miami fans, myself included would be pissed and I'm always trying to see what they are thinking about. Reiff will be a better pro than Ginn I would think as well but RT with anyone like Tannehill, Blackmon, or even one of the pass rushers left and I'm pissed. Take the tackle in the 2nd.

cant be upset but I personally dont think he will be any good, but Mike Sherman should know him well. if thats the way we go I'll hope he will turn out well

i'd be really pissed and that piss would compound itself week after week when each sunday i watch the true studs we passed over once again chasing this qb pipe dream. grab the BPA.

i'd be really pissed and that piss would compound itself week after week when each sunday i watch the true studs we passed over once again chasing this qb pipe dream. grab the BPA.

I completely disagree. We've already been drafting the BPA in the last few years (since Ireland has been here) we took the sure thing in Jake Long, then we took vontae Davis who was a good value and filled a need, then we drafted Odrick because he was the BPA that fitted our defense and didnt really fill a need. And Last year we once again played it safe with Mike Pouncey. And where has this gotten us? we need to be bold and take a risk in the 1st round.

what about the high second rounders we burned same period ? culpepper,beck,henne and white? all pissed away.
tanneyhill is another second round talent. we missed out again on true first rounders luck and rg3 .

Back
Top Bottom