Would you cut Wake to sign Ziggy Ansah? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would you cut Wake to sign Ziggy Ansah?

SCLSU Mud Dogs

Foosball is the devil
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I know Wake is a beloved member of the Dolphins, but he's only got a couple years left, if that.

His savings if cut would be $8.125 million. Would you cut Wake and use that space to sign a younger, every-down defensive end like Ansah?

And on a side note, overthecap.com says that Miami can cut Kiko with no penalty, which I didn't think was the case. Not sure if it's an error, but if so, that's another $9.6M that can be cleared off the books for an underperforming player.

I know Wake is a beloved member of the Dolphins, but he's only got a couple years left, if that.

His savings if cut would be $8.125 million. Would you cut Wake and use that space to sign a younger, every-down defensive end like Ansah?

And on a side note, overthecap.com says that Miami can cut Kiko with no penalty, which I didn't think was the case. Not sure if it's an error, but if so, that's another $9.6M that can be cleared off the books for an underperforming player.

No way!!! Overthecap.com is wrong! I'm sure if we cut Kiko it will definitely count against the dead cap. I see Wake being restructured he gave us 10 sacks this season with no much help coming from the other side.

No man, I wish, but it is Timmons who has lost his guarantees, not Kiko.

Ansah ain't that young. 29 in April He had some delays earlier on.

No way!!! Overthecap.com is wrong! I'm sure if we cut Kiko it will definitely count against the dead cap. I see Wake being restructured he gave us 10 sacks this season with no much help coming from the other side.

10.5 sacks and and a whole lot of hits and pressures and universal high grade as a DE. He could easily ask for more money. Get real!!

10.5 sacks and and a whole lot of hits and pressures and universal high grade as a DE. He could easily ask for more money. Get real!!
He said restructured, not necessarily take a pay cut. Players get restructured all the time, make generally the same amount (sometimes a bit more than previously scheduled), and still help the team by lowering the player's cap hit. I believe they do this by giving the player more guaranteed money or "signing bonus" up front and lower the annual salary.

This question is awfully hypothetical. It should be more like “Would you let Landry walk AND cut Wake AND restructure Suh to sign Ziggy?” because that’s what it would take. If Ziggy hits free agency, he will not be cheap.

This question is awfully hypothetical. It should be more like “Would you let Landry walk AND cut Wake AND restructure Suh to sign Ziggy?” because that’s what it would take. If Ziggy hits free agency, he will not be cheap.
He will get a lot more than what Vernon got.

how about both? ask wake to take a cut. he is not as effective as he used to be and is horrible against the run

No....I wouldn't trade a productive known quantity on a team for a hopeful ....I would consider adding Ziggy to the team though ...having said that I don't think we are in position to tie up the amount of money it would take to do so.....some of you out there know MUCH more than I regarding cap space....but my thoughts are that the money used on Ziggy would benefit us better if spread to a couple of players rather than tying it up long term on one

A superstar would be real nice (not saying Ziggy is or isn't) but we need a team....not a player...we aren't there yet...we end up burning out a budding star by surrounding him with fodder....find a few solid players and develop a scheme that works for them (or visa versa)....an expensive free agent may be the "cart before the horse" syndrome

IMO

Kikos cap hit is 8m, but if we cut him he has 12m in dead space.

Cut wake? If we’re cutting Wake go get Demarcus Lawrence from Dallas.

Ziggy can be bad without cutting Wake.

No I wouldn't do that, Wake is proven and a team player coming off a 10.5 sack season.
Ziggy will cost a fortune.

Back
Top Bottom