Would you do this hypothetical trade? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would you do this hypothetical trade?

Roman529

Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew
Reaction score
I know at the moment NFL players cannot be traded, but if they should resolve the CBA before the draft would you consider this trade? I was discussing it with some Eagle's fans on their board:

If we get to our 15th pick and Newton, Gabbert, Locker and Mallett are all off the board, would you consider trading away our 1st round pick (15) and 3rd round pick (79) to the Eagles for Kolb and their 56th pick in Round Two?

I know at the moment NFL players cannot be traded, but if they should resolve the CBA before the draft would you consider this trade? I was discussing it with some Eagle's fans on their board:

If we get to our 15th pick and Newton, Gabbert, Locker and Mallett are all off the board, would you consider trading away our 1st round pick (15) and 3rd round pick (79) to the Eagles for Kolb and their 56th pick in Round Two?

Absolutely not. Kolb has not shown any indication that he is worth that much. It would be AJ Feely all over again...

No, Kolb is a West Coast QB, and has proven absolutely nothing, he hasn't even been able to outright take control of the QB job in Philadelphia.

Absolutely not. Kolb has not shown any indication that he is worth that much. It would be AJ Feely all over again...

Yeah I was saying Kolb might be worth a 2nd rounder, but not the equivalent of a first rounder, which is basically what we would be doing if we made this move. I think Kolb is about equal to Henne, he does have moments where he looks really good, but he also can look bad at times. I think Kolb is a little better than Feeley, who I think is the Ram's 3rd QB last I checked.

No. Kolb hasn't proven that he is worth that. Drafting a guy in the first is different than trading a first for a guy. If you are trading, he darn well better be worth it. Only two qb's I want out of this draft are Mallet or Ponder. So, back to your scenario, if Mallet isn't there, I want Ponder.

**** no!

Honestly if it comes down to that just draft Mark Ingram and take Kaepernick later on. Go with Henne as the starter next year. Who knows, maybe with a bit of a running game and an OC with half a brain, he might just be decent.

Hell no. We walked that path and got played like suckers on that trade for feeley. No Feeley trade part 2.

Honestly if it comes down to that just draft Mark Ingram and take Kaepernick later on. Go with Henne as the starter next year. Who knows, maybe with a bit of a running game and an OC with half a brain, he might just be decent.

I like Ingram, but I like Taiwan Jones even more if he is there in Round 3. I think Kaepernick will go around the middle of Round Two....he has some potential if he can work on his throwing motion and add some weight.

Ohhh and the Kolb scenario was something Eagle fans were discussing as they seem to want to go with Vick as their starter, and Kafka as his backup. They were just going over various trade up and trade down possibilities. Most of them seem to want Jimmy Smith, CB, Colorado.

I would trade Miami's 3rd for their 2nd and Kolb. Mostly just for the pick.

AJ Feeley "cough" "cough" and hell no. An unproven qb for a first and third I don't think so, even if we do receive a #2 in return. Reeds system makes qb's look a hell of a lot better than they really are just look at Mcnabb last year lok at Feeley they are 2 examples.

Back
Top Bottom