Would you give up Lemon for a 2nd Round Pick | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would you give up Lemon for a 2nd Round Pick

He's an RFA. Put a 2nd round tender on him. If anyone signs him, they have to give us a 2nd.

What kind of team gives up a 2nd round pick for a 3rd string QB that has only played in a few games????!!! Oh wait.....that would be us!:fire:

Unless Wanny is coaching the Steelers next year, it's not happenning!

I don't think someone will, but if any team wants Cleo, they would have to give up a 2nd round pick. I had thought that the people on here were in love with Lemon, but apparently a 5th round pick would be all you needed for him. I would take a 4th rounder at the least. You don't have to show much at QB to be worth something in the NFL. How about Matt Schaub, he has only started at most 2 or 3 games, and Ive heard rumors he is worth a 1st round pick. Cleo showed good pocket prescense, a decent arm, and he is decently mobile, and you can't even say that about some of the starters in the NFL, not to mention the two guys we had above him on our depth chart.

What kind of team gives up a 2nd round pick for a 3rd string QB that has only played in a few games????!!! Oh wait.....that would be us!:fire:

Unless Wanny is coaching the Steelers next year, it's not happenning!

Probably not, but Lemon had a lot of positive opinion around the league before he ever played a down for us.

Aside from AJ Feeley, Matt Hasselbeck and Mark Brunell are two names that spring to mind as little known QB's to fans that had acquired a solid reputation around league circles and were traded for good draft picks.

He's an RFA. Put a 2nd round tender on him. If anyone signs him, they have to give us a 2nd.

He was undrafted so the minimum tender would get us nothing. The next level tender requires a 1st round pick. The top level tender requires a 1st and 3rd round pick (the tender that was offered Ogunleye)

I don't think there is a 2nd round tender, and in order to place the 1st round tender on him we would have to offer him at least 1.53 million (last years numbers)

He was undrafted so the minimum tender would get us nothing. The next level tender requires a 1st round pick. The top level tender requires a 1st and 3rd round pick (the tender that was offered Ogunleye)

I don't think there is a 2nd round tender, and in order to place the 1st round tender on him we would have to offer him at least 1.53 million (last years numbers)

No way he's worth that. Put a minimum tender on the guy and if someone beats it so be it. I might go up to 700,000 but that's about it. He's too raw and is still at least two years away from being legit which would put him at 30 yrs old

The 2nd round tender is 1.3M. Thats what Miami will do for Cleo as protection.

Miami is expected to offer a contract equal to a 2nd round tender to protect ourselves:

The Dolphins are expected to extend him a second-round tender, meaning they would likely pay him approximately $1.3 million if he remained with the team rather than signing elsewhere.

However, if another team did come up with an offer -- and the Dolphins didn't match -- that team would also need to give Miami a second-round pick, essentially making it more probable that Lemon will end up staying with the Dolphins.

There is a second round tender this year. It's reportedly about $1.3 mil.

Here is a blurb on it from Phinsider:

<<One other quick note: The Miami Herald is reporting that the Dolphins will put a $1.3 million tender on Cleo Lemon. Lemon, a restriced free agent, played fairly well yesterday and that tender offer should be good enough to keep him around. If it isn't, Miami would receive a a 2nd round pick in return. I don't see any team out there that would give up a 2 for Lemon so it's a safe bet he returns to Miami. The question is, where will he be slotted in the depth chart for 2007? That remains to be seen.>>

If they're going to do that my guess is that they won't keep Joey around unless someone offers up the draft pick.

There is a 2nd round tender.

While I don't think he's likely to garner a 2nd rounder there has already been speculation in the media that he might. Therefore, to say there's no way anybody would do that is clearly an exaggeration. We would probably lose him at the minimum tender. By tendering Lemon at $1.3 mil we're protected and we have a better, cheaper backup option then JH.

Back
Top Bottom