Would you Give up our Draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would you Give up our Draft

Phins40

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Would give up our entire Draft pick 1-7 (I know we dont have a 2nd for) Andrew Luck I have always been against giving up Draft picks but I don not care at this point we need a Franchise QB lets stop trying to pick a guy in the later rounds and hope lets just get a top guy now. I don not even care if it makes us weaker at other potions for a couple of years cause i feel if you have a top QB the other issues just do not matter as much.

If I was convinced that he is the one, then yes. Not just for Luck, but If I believed that Mallett or Newton or any QB was the one and would be taken at the top and slip away, I'd pull the trigger.

BTW, go Rusty!

As frustrating as it is....no way

You can never be 100% sure on a guy and I would rather have our 1st and 3rd round picks to take a speedy RB and speedy WR.

Now we have to pull for the teams with the same record as us or teams that are within a game of us to win in the final week so we can hopefully have some tiebreakers and move up some spots for a chance to trade down in the 1st and pick up a 2nd!

As frustrating as it is....no way

You can never be 100% sure on a guy and I would rather have our 1st and 3rd round picks to take a speedy RB and speedy WR.

Now we have to pull for the teams with the same record as us or teams that are within a game of us to win in the final week so we can hopefully have some tiebreakers and move up some spots for a chance to trade down in the 1st and pick up a 2nd!

What is the point of the speedy wr and speedy rb when you do not have a QB I am at the point it has been 11 years since Marino and countless Qb's but the one thing we have not tired is to take the top QB in the first round it is about time and I do not care what we have to do.

Things are starting to really go crazy.

Sam BrADFORD IS GONNA BREAK pEYTON mANNINGS ROOKIE ANd sophmore records in the NFl and people still think Luck is better than bradford.

They are comparing Luck with elway,manning, etc, etc, etc...

I would trade whatever it took to grab the number 1 spot and draft Luck

it would take 5 first round picks to get luck.............so go get him Ross.

What is the point of the speedy wr and speedy rb when you do not have a QB I am at the point it has been 11 years since Marino and countless Qb's but the one thing we have not tired is to take the top QB in the first round it is about time and I do not care what we have to do.

What I would do this offseason is trade for Kyle Orton. Not as a long term solution but as a stop gap until there is a QB worth trading away a few picks for. This QB class just doesnt seem that strong to me. I would rather give Orton a few playmakers and have him run the offense next year. Plus we have too many holes to fill on this team right now that trading away an entire draft to gamble on a guy we think is a franchise QB. We still need a vertical threat WR, a running back that can make guys miss and have speed to take it the distance, possibly another C or G (could go after Mankins), a TE to stretch the field, another pass rusher opposite of Wake, a back up NT if Soliai ever goes down, and after seeing the lions game we need better ILB depth. And thats IF we resign 1/2 of our RBs, soliai and a couple other of our free agents.

Things are starting to really go crazy.

Sam BrADFORD IS GONNA BREAK pEYTON mANNINGS ROOKIE ANd sophmore records in the NFl and people still think Luck is better than bradford.

They are comparing Luck with elway,manning, etc, etc, etc...

I would trade whatever it took to grab the number 1 spot and draft Luck

Hmmm...I think I need to revisit some film on Luck before I'm convinced he's better than Bradford coming out. I felt Bradford may have been the best QB coming out since Peyton Manning my only concern with him was injury history but I would have taken Bradford in a flippin heartbeat. I was telling everyone that would listen that this kids quick release rivaled that of Manning and Marino. His accuracy and anticipation was incredible and decision making was excellent. He's turning out to be exactly what I figured he would be. St. Louis has a QB to build a team around and Spags has given himself a chance to be a HC in this league for a long time.

Luck is a franchise QB, maybe the only one in this draft to be honest. I don't know that he has the same level of consistency Bradford had coming out though. He doesn't have as quick of a release either but his decision making, ball placement and anticipation are right there with Bradford and he has the benefit of playing in a pro style offense which really helps accelerate the learning curve.

I'm not sure if anyone has seen this but Harbaugh is saying he thinks Luck will return because academics are important to him. I'm not sure that I believe it but it would sure change a lot about this draft if he doesn't come out. It seems risky when you're almost assured to be the #1 pick to go back and risk injury or a bad season (Matt Leinart).

PaPhinz -- I know it isn't my life, but that kid is nucking futs if he doesn't come out to be the #1 overall pick.

For godsakes, Jake Locker would have been a top three pick if he came out, and look what happened to him. If anyone advises him that it is actually better for his future to complete a year of academics, he is getting advice from the wrong people that clearly have different motivations.

You can always go to school for another year. Give me a break. People spend time in college to secure a job. Who would forsake the opportunity for financial security for their entire family to placate a coach or program?

Stupid is as stupid does. If he stays, he is an idiot.

Back
Top Bottom