Would you guys package our 2 2nd rounders? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would you guys package our 2 2nd rounders?

Roman529

Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew
Reaction score
Would you guys be up for packaging our two 2nd round picks and trading them for another team's first round pick?....say for a top 15 pick? Or do you think it would be better to just keep our two 2nd rounders where we are (probably around pick #52, and #53???).

Also, what do you think we could maybe get in return for both of these picks if we maybe traded them away for a solid experienced player from another team? Would you trade them for a Pro Bowl caliber player?

I am not saying we should just do this...just throwing it out there. :d-day:

I don't think we'd get a top 15 pick.

Both of those picks are currently at the bottom half of the 2nd round, that wouldn't get us much.

I say just keep them, let Parcells, Ireland and Sparano do what they do. Get players to develop.

the thing is with the non-declaration of crabtree and lauranitis in teh draft we could miss all the good defense prospects that could give our defense the boost needed to be dominant.

That is:

Vontae davis which is top 5-10 pick

Malcolm Jenkins Top 10

Taylor Mays that has risen from mid 2nd to early first

Spikes, who wasnt even debatable in the offseason could now end up being a top 10...

Simtin is the top OLB no doubt.

If Terrence Cody also doesnt declare then Raji is going top 15 for sure...
etc, etc, etc...

We do something or we could miss everything.... and i know cool players can be found in latter rounds, but thats too many prospects to miss on.... and we could miss on all of them.

The Rb depth and top picks of this draft is horrible, not only because teams are starting to realise this league is more about passing than running but because the prospects are no Ronnie or Tomlinson.

Also, if Crabtree doesnt declare there is no WR worthwhile top 20 pick, nothing, next years draft is amazing regarding WRs... but this years?? And no, Percy Harvin is not top 20 material, im sorry gators fans.

You mix all that and you have players that shouldnt be that gih going high... and thats a problem for the dolphins organization.....

the thing is with the non-declaration of crabtree and lauranitis in teh draft we could miss all the good defense prospects that could give our defense the boost needed to be dominant.

That is:

Vontae davis which is top 5-10 pick

Malcolm Jenkins Top 10

Taylor Mays that has risen from mid 2nd to early first

Spikes, who wasnt even debatable in the offseason could now end up being a top 10...

Simtin is the top OLB no doubt.

If Terrence Cody also doesnt declare then Raji is going top 15 for sure...
etc, etc, etc...

We do something or we could miss everything.... and i know cool players can be found in latter rounds, but thats too many prospects to miss on.... and we could miss on all of them.

The Rb depth and top picks of this draft is horrible, not only because teams are starting to realise this league is more about passing than running but because the prospects are no Ronnie or Tomlinson.

Also, if Crabtree doesnt declare there is no WR worthwhile top 20 pick, nothing, next years draft is amazing regarding WRs... but this years?? And no, Percy Harvin is not top 20 material, im sorry gators fans.

You mix all that and you have players that shouldnt be that gih going high... and thats a problem for the dolphins organization.....
Laurinitis is a senior this year. When did he say he wasn't declaring?

I would love to trade our 1st round pick for a 2nd and 3rd pick or something similar to that. If MOore,Jenkins,Laurinitis,Curry do not fall to us then trade out of the pick. I would not be against trading it for a good player like Ocho Cinco, or our 1st and 4th for Lito Sheppard and the Eagles 2nd. I think BP will trade for picks. He might try a deal with Dallas for Spears and picks.

i see you have changed ur mock a tad bit eh ? :d-day:

yup... i have a very good feeling about rashad johnson... safety might seem like a luxury pick to some but you need a quarterback in your defence and this guy can do it, he's done it with a very complex saban scheme.

not to mention that he's a turnover machine and that's the area where we need the most improvement on defence IMO

yup... i have a very good feeling about rashad johnson... safety might seem like a luxury pick to some but you need a quarterback in your defence and this guy can do it, he's done it with a very complex saban scheme.

not to mention that he's a turnover machine and that's the area where we need the most improvement on defence IMO

i have a good feeling about him as well. hes kind of SO SO in the run D front though but i dont think thats much of an issue as oppose to PASS D b/c this team will look for more D linemen and LBers to fix this.

the way we are going Raji might be out of reach.

Johnson woudlnt be a bad pick at all but then will there be a OLB that can do what a 1st round OLB can do in our 2a pick?

I would love to trade our 1st round pick for a 2nd and 3rd pick or something similar to that. If MOore,Jenkins,Laurinitis,Curry do not fall to us then trade out of the pick. I would not be against trading it for a good player like Ocho Cinco, or our 1st and 4th for Lito Sheppard and the Eagles 2nd. I think BP will trade for picks. He might try a deal with Dallas for Spears and picks.

I believe Spears will be a UFA at seasons end.

Honestly, this team is too talent-short to trade anything.

I believe Spears will be a UFA at seasons end.

Honestly, this team is too talent-short to trade anything.

I'd say we'd only be looking at picks 25 to 32 for our two 2nd rounders.

I wouldnt be doing anything until draft day when we have a better idea of whats going on and who's available.

Back
Top Bottom