Would you have taken this bet? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would you have taken this bet?

arsenal

Beastin'
Reaction score
Ok so me and a friend were watching the Penguins Canadians game last night and he was saying there was no doubt Sidney Crosby would win multiple Stanley Cups. Now I was saying yes hes on his way to being a great player, very likely the best player of this time or maybe one of the greatest ever... but that doesn't mean he himself can win Stanley Cups... then he starts talking about the young core, malkin, stall, fleury, etc and saying there is no doubt the penguins will win multiple cups with Crosby there.

So we made a bet $500 that Sidney Crosby will not win multiple cups with the penguins... with the salary cap now im place, things are much different, and keeping that young core together will be hard as hell... think i made the right bet?

I think that you lost $500.

Then again, I'm a rabid Pens fan ... so ... take it for what it's worth.

I'm a Rangers fan and I think your wrong. I think Crosby will win 2 cups during his career (he has to only win 2 for you to lose the bet right?)!

Ok so me and a friend were watching the Penguins Canadians game last night and he was saying there was no doubt Sidney Crosby would win multiple Stanley Cups. Now I was saying yes hes on his way to being a great player, very likely the best player of this time or maybe one of the greatest ever... but that doesn't mean he himself can win Stanley Cups... then he starts talking about the young core, malkin, stall, fleury, etc and saying there is no doubt the penguins will win multiple cups with Crosby there.
So we made a bet $500 that Sidney Crosby will not win multiple cups with the penguins... with the salary cap now im place, things are much different, and keeping that young core together will be hard as hell... think i made the right bet?
Does he just have to win 2 cups or does he have to win 2 cups with the pens?

I dont think he can win 2 cups with the pens even with that core partially cause of the cap, partially cause of the pens financial situation.

If he just has to win 2 cups, yes I think he will accomplish that.

One more thing: If he has to win 2 cups with the pens and the pens move, what happens then?

If this was the "pre salary cap" days the Pen's could be a dynasty.

That said, there is no way they wil be able to keep that core together. Crosby is going to get a massive deal in two years. Malkin and Staal's rookie contracts will both come up at the same time and they will both be eligible for UFA status at the same time. If they do start winning playoff series' it will be because Fluery really plays well so he'll be up for big money...

You can't win Cups by having a big three and then a bunch of guys, ask Tampa.

I think the Pens will be a factor for a few years but they need to add depth on defense before they make a real push.

Will Crosby win multiple Cups in Pittsburgh? Maybe, but they won't be a dynasty, it's too hard in the cap era.

Of all the great young talent the Penquins have I think Crosby is the guy they pay massive amounts. With that said i'm a Sabres fan and it's doubtful they keep both of their captains because of the salary cap. As good as Crosby/Malkin/Staal are Fleury is the most important young player for them. Personally I would like to see the NHL give teams the opportunity to keep guys and have the salary cap modified. I think Crosby wins multiple cups with Pittsburgh. I don't know if they'll be a dynasty. IMO, the best thing that could happen to the NHL is Crosby vs Ovechkin in the ECF in one of the upcoming years.

Back
Top Bottom