Would you hire me? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would you hire me?

RealDriscoll

Still Perfect.. and You're Not.
Reaction score
As General Manager if this what I did on the 1st day. I traded Picks #9(1st Round) and#71(3rd Round) to Redskins for Pick #6.

I trade our 1st Rounder in the 2008 NFL Draft to the Dallas Cowboys for #22 this year...

1st(#6): Brady Quinn QB Notre Dame
1st(#22): Joe Staley T Central Michigan
2nd(#40) Sidney Rice WR South Carolina
2nd(#60) Arron Sears G Tennessee
4th: Earl Everett LB Florida
6th A: Dan Mozes C West Virginia
6th B: Adam Podlesh P Maryland
7th A: Dashon Goldson S
7th B: Justin Vincent RB LSU

Explain to me why the Cowboys would give up their 1st round pick this year at 22 for a 1st round pick next year at an unknown spot.

They can see like this.. We sucked last year and we are projected to suck again this year. Maybe we can trade our pick in which we don't have any glaring needs and have 2 1st rounders next year. Hell if Miami doesn't do well again we could have a top 10 pick.

No, but I would hire you to post on a message board if I was Jerry Jones.

Not bad my friend...But I would be happier drafting 2 OL on the first day of the draft and it would probably cost us more than our 2008 1st rounder because dallas doesnt know how good or bad our 1st round selection would be

They can see like this.. We sucked last year and we are projected to suck again this year. Maybe we can trade our pick in which we don't have any glaring needs and have 2 1st rounders next year. Hell if Miami doesn't do well again we could have a top 10 pick.

If you go by that logic, why would we want to trade our first round pick next year. Like you said it is likely to be a top ten pick and could likely get a better player such as OT Jake Long from Michigan or QB Brian Brohm from Louisville. I would wait it out than trade it away

Go to KFFL.com and see that it is something they are interested in doing? If you don't want to do that Call Jerry Jones

Post a link, I'm not going to dig through anything.

And if Jerry Jones is foolish enough to trade his pick this year for our pick next year and no other compensation then I'd say go for it.

Projected by you to suck again this year...however, I dont think we will suck

The cowboys picked just wouldnt happen. I think if the cowboys are gonna trade that pick away, their gonna trade it to a real tanker. Someone like the browns or the lions. That way they could be in the running for the #1 overall next year.

I can understand your deal with the Redskins so we can move up...this is fine, BUT, I can't see how we would trade our next year's pick to Dallas when we don't know where we will finish?

It is a risky trade. But drafting Staley and Sears on Day 1 would solidify our offensive line as a whole. The Cowboys would do it if they feel they are a better team than us and should finish with a better record than they did this year. That would be their optimistic outlood; also the fact that they don't feel that they have many glaring needs. We could wait for next year to draft Long or Brohm but we did better by drafting Quinn and Staley this year. Carpe Diem my friend. Next year Jason Taylor, Joey Porter, and Zach Thomas will be another year older. Also, Quinn is better than Brohm and Staley is as good as Long. This draft answers most of our needs.. O-Line, WR, Quarterback,Linebacker depth, punter, etc.

Explain to me why the Cowboys would give up their 1st round pick this year at 22 for a 1st round pick next year at an unknown spot.

Because there are only nine or 10 players in this draft who they think are worth a first-round contract, and none of them will be on the board when they pick. Hence Jerry's talk about getting out of the #22 spot. If one of those nine or 10 guys starts to fall, they will explore the possibility of trading up to get him. Otherwise, they'll get out of the first round -- either by trading down and stockpiling picks, or kicking their first-rounder into the future.

Back
Top Bottom