Would you hire me? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would you hire me?

if you were our gm and you were able to make that draft happen id love everything about it except trading our first in 2008 for #22 this year....joe staley is a great tackle if he were there to select him however im not a fan of trading first round picks prior to the season, could be because ive seen the knicks do it so many times and it always turns out to stab u in the back

im not interested in morgaging our future like this. First of all i want brady quin and i am not knocking him but he has yet to show up in a big game. I really dont want to morgage the farm for qhat could be an overated qb who got big numbers and good stats playing army and navy every year. However peyton manning didnt win many big games in college either. We have alot of holes to fill in order to build a team you need the draft, and we need as many picks as we can get right now. If we nmiss out on quin this season brohm oreric angie will be availible next year. Eric angie might not be the poster boy for s.i or anything but he is a solid qb with big time experience playing in the sec, and he was coached by the same man who got mr manning ready for prime time.Once again if we land brady quin ill go out and buy his jersey draft day but i still saqy proceed with caution. If the dick satan debocle taught us anything its that we schouldnt be looking for a messiah who is the end all fix all of all our problems.

As General Manager if this what I did on the 1st day. I traded Picks #9(1st Round) and#71(3rd Round) to Redskins for Pick #6.

I trade our 1st Rounder in the 2008 NFL Draft to the Dallas Cowboys for #22 this year...

1st(#6): Brady Quinn QB Notre Dame
1st(#22): Joe Staley T Central Michigan
2nd(#40) Sidney Rice WR South Carolina
2nd(#60) Arron Sears G Tennessee
4th: Earl Everett LB Florida
6th A: Dan Mozes C West Virginia
6th B: Adam Podlesh P Maryland
7th A: Dashon Goldson S
7th B: Justin Vincent RB LSU

I like the picks, but that 2008 first rounder has me nervous man. Trading future picks brings back bad memories.

As to whoever asked why the Cowboys would do that, why WOULDN'T they? Maybe the don't wanna be at the #22 pick, who knows, there are a bunch of reasons. Plus, I hate to say it, but it's pretty clear we prolly won't be picking any LATER than #22 next year (we are still a couple years away from being serious contenders IMO) so they'd only benifit, they'd get a higher 1st rounder next year (in addition to their own, giving them 2, which helps them with top talented guys or gives them trade bait to amass more lower picks) plus they could move out of first round contract area if there isn't anyone they absolutely MUST have this year.

If the Cowboys want out of the 1st round so badly then why couldn't we just trade our 2 #2's if we were so hard up to get Staley? It's close enough on the draft value chart to work.

If the Cowboys want out of the 1st round so badly then why couldn't we just trade our 2 #2's if we were so hard up to get Staley? It's close enough on the draft value chart to work.

True, but I think his entire point was us getting those 4 players, in which we'd need both of our 2nd-rounders for too.

As General Manager if this what I did on the 1st day. I traded Picks #9(1st Round) and#71(3rd Round) to Redskins for Pick #6.

I trade our 1st Rounder in the 2008 NFL Draft to the Dallas Cowboys for #22 this year...

1st(#6): Brady Quinn QB Notre Dame
1st(#22): Joe Staley T Central Michigan
2nd(#40) Sidney Rice WR South Carolina
2nd(#60) Arron Sears G Tennessee
4th: Earl Everett LB Florida
6th A: Dan Mozes C West Virginia
6th B: Adam Podlesh P Maryland
7th A: Dashon Goldson S
7th B: Justin Vincent RB LSU

No I'd fire Jerry Jones !

im not interested in morgaging our future like this. First of all i want brady quin and i am not knocking him but he has yet to show up in a big game. I really dont want to morgage the farm for qhat could be an overated qb who got big numbers and good stats playing army and navy every year. However peyton manning didnt win many big games in college either. We have alot of holes to fill in order to build a team you need the draft, and we need as many picks as we can get right now. If we nmiss out on quin this season brohm oreric angie will be availible next year. Eric angie might not be the poster boy for s.i or anything but he is a solid qb with big time experience playing in the sec, and he was coached by the same man who got mr manning ready for prime time.Once again if we land brady quin ill go out and buy his jersey draft day but i still saqy proceed with caution. If the dick satan debocle taught us anything its that we schouldnt be looking for a messiah who is the end all fix all of all our problems.

Manning did win BIG games. He beat many good SEC teams, and won 3 out of 4 bowl games. He never beat Florida. That is not an accurate comparison.

Back
Top Bottom