Would you Like these other veteran QBs | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would you Like these other veteran QBs

Jaj

What you say?
Reaction score
Neil O'Donell who is basically on standby in case we do not get someone younger and better.

Mark Brunell is still a good QB who needs a better line and receivers. Jimmy Smith was his only good one and he really declined to tell you the truth. Could be available if he and the front officer have another fight.

Griese. Don't make me explain more about a guy who everybody thinks has a king arm, unquestionable leadership, and incredible youth.

His arm is a meager upgrade over Fiedler's, he is not a great leader, and is 28. That is relatively young, but he is far from being a young new QB. He is beat up too.

That said he would still be a good pickup as a backup for this year.

Trent Dilfer may be cut, but it is not likely. The Seahawks may be reconsidering giving that deal to him. He is a good pocket passer. No mobility at all, but has more leadership than Griese and ever so slightly stronger arm(no joke). Would be a decent backup.

There has been ZERO news up here in seattle about the Seahawks getting rid of Dilfer.

His contract is insentive laden, so he would have to be a starter to big a big cap hit. Plus they dont' have a 3rd quarterback to take the 2nd quarterback spot. Plus it still remains to be seen if Hassleback can play well in a game that actually matters.

If we wind up not getting Griese, O'Donnell would be a good pick-up.

Brunell will probably still be a Jag this season and released afterward. But I think he could be a good fit with this team. I'd like to see the Dolphins sign Brunell if things don't work out well this season with Fiedler.

We need Griese....Brunell would be nice too...but highly unlikely!

It's gonna be Griese, Dilfer had one good year with the Bucs and has stunk since. The Jags aren't giving up Brunell because they want Leftwich to play under him from a while and learn from the vet. I just wonder that if Griese comes in for Fiedler and starts living up to his initial potential, if he doens't end up being our starter eventually.

Originally posted by BeatCrazy2
brunell is too old and not going anywhere yet, o'donell and dilfer suck !

Brunell's too old? He's one year older than Fiedler.

Originally posted by relive1972

Brunell's too old? He's one year older than Fiedler.

But Brunell has an extensive injury list.... Especially his knees ! Marino1983

And Fiedler's injury list is pretty extensive already in just 3 years as starter.

Brunell will be a Jag this year no doubt about it. The Jags have put him on years notice and hope that Brunell will use this year to play big and try to cash in on free agency next year. He probably will, and I predict a big year for Brunell.

If he was released there's no way the guy comes to Miami as a backup QB. If anything he goes to Baltimore as the starter until Boller is ready to play which probably wouldn't be for a couple of years anyway....Brian Billick is a fan of Brunell's. In the slim chance of the event of Brunell's release this year, I could also see Dallas making a big play for him.

Griese may be able to pass through free agency after June 1st without starter opportunities, but I doubt Brunell could.

Trent Dilfer is not weak armed. I don't know where anyone got that idea really. I don't think he's ever been known for it. He's just known for bad decisions and terrible accuracy.

I'll take a one year contract with Griese over any of the guys, except maybe Brunell, but even then probably because we'd have to guarantee Brunell the start to lure him here and this team is already all geared up to make one more run with Fiedler.

NEXT year, could be a different story...depending on the outcome this year...

Griese is the only choice. He is way more talented than Fiedler. Remember this guys has won a National Chmpionship and been to the Pro Bowl. His arm strength is more then enough and he is a smart QB. He is very accurate. And his youth means he has many more years ahead of him.

Under Norv Turner he will thrive.

The new Griese era is about to start.

fin-atic....how do you explain the factthat griese and fiedler have comparable stats the last couple seasons when everybody generally agrees that denver has had more talent on offense the last fe years?

i could care less what people have done in college.....tommy frazier won a national championship in college too.....

griese's arm is only an adequate improvement over fiedler's, but does seem to throw a better deep ball.....

youth? he is only 2-3 years younger than fiedler and has a bad injury history himself.....

i'm all for griese coming here, but if you think that the talent levels between the 2 qb's is worlds apart you have another thing coming, and will be very upset when you realize that fiedler and griese are more similar than you think.......if griese does come here, i'm all for an open competition, but would be very suprised to see griese win the job outright.......

Back
Top Bottom