Would you pass on the canes? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would you pass on the canes?

Stamos

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
If Wilfork or Taylor fell to No.20, and assuming Ben, Eli, Larry, Roy and Reggie are all gone, would you take either of them?

I would take Taylor ahead of Wilfork, but I would take EITHER at No.20.

The DT position is actually a big concern for me. We've yet to see a noticable dropoff in TimBo, but the second we do our defense is gonna alot less effective.

I know the popular picks are all offensive, but thats my thoughts on those 2 guys.

The Canes, who would pass on them, they only eat the NFL up..Look at the players from Miami NFL U..who are in the NFL..they're all doing fine.

Before you choose......you get on the phone and listen to who will give you the most for that 20th pick. :D

As for players......I'd take Sean Taylor. He is just unbelievable. He's got Roy Williams size (230 lbs) but better range (excellent RB at Gulliver Prep....44 rushing TDs senior year). One hell of an athlete. Also had over 100 tackles that year on D.

But WHY I'd take Taylor over Wilfork......Marion is aging and Knight isn't the quickest. We need new, younger blood back there. Taylor immediately gives us a Roy Williams-type hitter and Ed Reed-type ballhawk to take over for Marion. While Timbo is heading towards retirement, Larry Chester is in his prime. Zgonina still has it. And Dario Romero has shown promise. The need isn't as big as the need at safety.

Originally posted by Total-Revamping
I would take Sean Taylor faster than Jay Fiedler could hoist up an interception!
damn dude...you're talkin' light speed:eek:

I agree, can't pass on the Canes players...they are great in the pros(save Gino Toretta)

Obviously, the 'Canes recruit great classes every year, but they also have an incredible conditioning program down there. Personally, I think a UM player is about the least risky first round pick a team can make. They are ready for the NFL.

As for your question, I would take Taylor in a heartbeat. He'll be Pro-Bowler in a few years (it only took Ed Reed two and Taylor is more physically gifted). If Taylor were gone, I would seriously consider Wilfork. He's dominant and is a good guy (from what I have read and seen).

The BIGGER questions is: what if we get a higher pick for Ogun? Do you look at these two then? Do you look at someone else? Personally, I think we should take a look at Taylor if we get that second pick. I know everyone wants offense offense offense, but I think Taylor would be key to helping this defense not fall off in a year or two.

Howcomes there aren't any canes on the miami roster?

Originally posted by Section126
Absolutely...........

I mispoke.............I meant to say ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!

I would draft Wilfork or Taylor if they were there in a heart beat.....

We are talking the second coming of Cortez Kennedy and Bennie Blades here folks.

Originally posted by Muck
Before you choose......you get on the phone and listen to who will give you the most for that 20th pick. :D

As for players......I'd take Sean Taylor. He is just unbelievable. He's got Roy Williams size (230 lbs) but better range (excellent RB at Gulliver Prep....44 rushing TDs senior year). One hell of an athlete. Also had over 100 tackles that year on D.

But WHY I'd take Taylor over Wilfork......Marion is aging and Knight isn't the quickest. We need new, younger blood back there. Taylor immediately gives us a Roy Williams-type hitter and Ed Reed-type ballhawk to take over for Marion. While Timbo is heading towards retirement, Larry Chester is in his prime. Zgonina still has it. And Dario Romero has shown promise. The need isn't as big as the need at safety.

Good observation Muck, the safety in Marion's position definetly need speed and an eye for the ball..Taylor is the perfect match for this position, if we took him 1st, I wouldn't be mad at Wanny or Spelman..

If we get up to a position to possibly draft taylor i.e. 5th - 10th. Shudn't we be looking at Gallery or Andrews?

If we get up to a position to possibly draft taylor i.e. 5th - 10th. Shudn't we be looking at Gallery or Andrews?

I think this was more if they fell to 20th not if we moved up to take them...

Originally posted by finsnchips
Howcomes there aren't any canes on the miami roster?

Well, there was Yatil, but other then that, I've always wondered the same thing. Not even any gators or seminole either. Look at Tampa and the Ravens and other teams with 3-4+ canes on their team. I had hoped JJ would do to the phins what he did to Dallas but he never did. Dallas was fottal U there for a while.

fair doos, any chance of either of those 2 falling to 20 though..

Gallery seems set to go high.

Don't no too much about Andrews?

Back
Top Bottom