Would You Rather...Week 1 NFL Draft Version | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would You Rather...Week 1 NFL Draft Version

SF Dolphin Fan

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
Just trying to get the pulse of other fans. So for week one, after a game where Miami's wide receivers had difficulty separating once Parker was re-injured and most of the linebackers struggled....would you rather have Ja'Marr Chase or Micah Parsons with that first #1 pick?

I think Miami would have to pick pretty high in order to draft either, so this might not even be a realistic option, but for sake of discussion anyway. My initial reaction would be Chase, but this draft does have a lot of talent at wide receiver. Smith, Waddle, Moore, Bateman etc. Not much at linebacker, Moses and Bolton are players I like.

You would be talking a top 5-7 area pick to get either of those guys so I am going Parsons.

I am not taking any* WR that high.

*Jerry Rice is retired.

Parsons and Moses are the headliners of next year's LB draft class; however, Paddy Fisher (sp?) of Northwestern is one to watch once BIG 10 play starts on October 24th.

Underrated "dark horse" LB is Nate Landman from CU (Colorado).

Will need one more WR to keep defenses honest. Unsure about Albert Wilson's roster status next year and Hurns and maybe Hollins most likely won't be in a Fins uni in 2021.

Hands down, it has to be Penn State LB Micah Parsons. Simply because he's considered to be a once in a lifetime or decade type prospect. Whereas Jamar Chase while transcending in his own right, not sure does for Miami's offense what Parsons would do for it's defense.

Parsons and Moses are the headliners of next year's LB draft class; however, Paddy Fisher (sp?) of Northwestern is one to watch once BIG 10 play starts on October 24th.

Underrated "dark horse" LB is Nate Landman from CU (Colorado).

Will need one more WR to keep defenses honest. Unsure about Albert Wilson's roster status next year and Hurns and maybe Hollins most likely won't be in a Fins uni in 2021.
I'll have to watch Paddy Fisher.

Answer to that question is Micah Parsons, and it shouldn't really take that long to answer it.
Makes sense, especially after watching Miam's defense week 1. I love Chase, but there's a deeper pool at wide receiver so I understand your choice.

Not too often do off ball line backers provide top 10 value. Parsons will

don’t care if it’s qualifies as a need or not. I always need line backers that can block shed and cover like that

As a Penn State fan and LSU a close second, I saw these two play a lot last year, and man, what a choice.
Parsons took over games on his own, for sure...but I would love to see what Tua and Chase could do together.

I would take either and be extremely happy but as much as I would love to have Chase we could still get a stud WR later but Parsons is head and shoulders over other LB's. I mean give me Parsons and Rondale Moore over Chase and Moses of Bama.

Back
Top Bottom