Would you rather? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would you rather?

I think we'll know which direction Grier and Flo are going with 1A as soon as free agency starts.

I'm hoping for a trade down myself.

I am not spending big money in FA on either WR or RB, but certainly not RB.

I would be sticking with the solid vet FA and middle round draft pick philosophy to find by RB's and concentrate more on building an OL that will create holes for them to exploit.

I would be more willing to sign an expensive FA WR but not much more willing.The history of that kind of move does not have a lot of success stories in it.

The Fins should be able to land a quality WR and RB in this Draft without throwing cash at overpriced FA's.

I'm taking a WR first. I don't even think Etienne or Harris are 1st rounders. Neither RB is going to be a game-changer in the NFL imo. Unless you are getting the next Derrick Henry or Adrian Peterson, I'm not spending a 1st on a RB.

I initially thought the same, until the cap numbers were updated. Ogbah is an absolute bargain and steal, i think we can all agree. But with uncertain financial times facing the entire league, it might be wise to wait, until next season to see how the league; rebounds from the financial restraint of the Covid situation, before moving forward with an extension or tagging him.

I'm not sure what is going to happen but I think F/A is going to be very different for Miami compared to last offseason. I think your going to see much more draft trading and movement than ever before, to offset the lack of cap space by the cash strapped teams. JMO.
I think you are spot on with that view on free agency.

I expect Miami to be pretty conservative in free agency this year.

What do you mean hit and miss? There is a pretty clearly defined formula for them. Can you explain?
If that definition is, "There's a formula, but we're not telling anyone what it is," while being inconsistent, then yeah, it's pretty clearly defined.

If that definition is, "There's a formula, but we're not telling anyone what it is," while being inconsistent, then yeah, it's pretty clearly defined.
Heh! There are a couple of websites that pretty much nail it every year. I think the only reason that they NFL doesn't release the whole thing is that since no more than 32 picks can ever be awarded, some teams which technically are due a pick, don't get one because of the magic 32 rule.
We do know that it all comes down to how many you sign, vs how many you lose... and how much they sign for... then I think the tier rules come into play. So yes, it isn't as clear as a window, but those who study it get damned close.

Back
Top Bottom