Would you suffer through a rebuild? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would you suffer through a rebuild?

Would you be willing to rebuild?

• No, just change the coaching and the QB

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • No, keep core players and try to add a few "studs"

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Yes, I want all of these over paid under achievers OUT!

Votes: 13 40.6%
  • I don't care anymore. I have been screwed again.

Votes: 4 12.5%

• Total voters

fin-atic

Are you a VIP?
Club Member
Reaction score
I think just about everyone is in agreement that this "team" is just not good enough. From the QB, to the offensive line, to the defense. This roster that was put together has peaked and now declined.

The question is are you willing to suffer through some terrible years in the name of rebuilding? Would you clean house startting with the coach and then be willing to have some .500 or less seasons but start rebuilding for a future Super Bowl run, say in three to five years from now?

Rebuild!! I don't think the fans of this team will support the franchise after a 4-12 year, but it may be the only chance we have to make it to the big dance.

I think it's something the season ticket holders should be given a vote in...

...but personally, I'd hate it while it was happening but if we could emerge from the cocoon a butterfly (Marinoesque pretty football) I'd take the pill. I have to add to that that even the Dan made it to only one SB so a winning strategy would perhaps have to suffice.

Motivation alone seems to be able to do a lot, the Boys under Parcells look a lot better than the sum of their talent. We, on the other hand, look a lot worse than the sum of our talent.

The problem is the sum of our talent is over-rated and getting a lot OLDER.

Re: I think it's something the season ticket holders should be given a vote in...

Originally posted by GazPhin

Motivation alone seems to be able to do a lot, the Boys under Parcells look a lot better than the sum of their talent. We, on the other hand, look a lot worse than the sum of our talent.

not to mention cincinnatti, previously the league laughingstock

Screw rebuilding. I root for a team in baseball that has been rebuilding for the last 13 years. I can deal with that becuase I don't have any expectations for them to do anything in the next 5 years or more. Plus it helps to have another team I root for that is always a conteder but not wth same passion. In football its Miami or nothing. No second favorite team, no I hope this team wins it all, nothing. Rebuilding is for team like the Chargers, Bengals and Jacksonville.

I think the new coach has to try to fix the biggest problems this team has and reload for a shot next year. If that fails, it's time to spend a couple of years exclusively with an eye on rebuilding.

I'll support the team no matter what the decision is, though.

Do it!!!....

I'm tired of having a bunch of overpaid underachievers. Get some football players down here!!!!....

Look at this team. It's full of overhyped, overpaid, egotistical crybabies. The defense is a fraud, the offense never existed, and the coaching is horrible. This team has zero discipline, and when one side shows up, the other takes the game off....

They can't play a full game to save their lives, and last night was clear proof IMO of how little they really care about making the playoffs. Our defense had every chance to win this game for us, and they failed miserably. The Birdz moved the ball at will against this star studded defense all night long. This game was huge, and when we needed the defense to come up with just "one stop", they couldn't do it.....

Too many names, and not enough players. Time for some very big changes....:D

PHINZ RULE!!!!:fire:

Honestly, this team does not need rebuilding. We have the talent in place. We have an excellent running back and a good defense (although you wouldn't know it if you watched the game last night.) This team just needs better coaching. I think if we can get the right coach, this team will be a very good one.

Haven't we been suffering all this time? This team should not be too far off from being a solid team.
The right coaches, the right o-line for Ricky & the right qb that has some talent and doesn't turn the ball over and we will be playing in January again.

Take it from me.........YES! Rebuilding is difficult to handle but as long as you believe that it's the best option for the team you root for to rebound, then you pin your hopes on that.

Miami needs to take a year and get the cap situation straigtened out. 3-4 yrs of between $10-20 million over the cap has made it difficult to do somethings with respect to personnel that they were not able to do. How? Well, that could take awhile ;)

Originally posted by T-Bone
Haven't we been suffering all this time? This team should not be too far off from being a solid team.
The right coaches, the right o-line for Ricky & the right qb that has some talent and doesn't turn the ball over and we will be playing in January again.

If if's and but's were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!:lol:

I'd rebuild if Ricky wasn't here. As another poster said, I don't want to waste Ricky's good years rebuilding b/c our team can't win in December. I want a franchise QB for this team, a guy who everyone else always talks about and swoons over like Vick, or McNabb. But hey, I guess I'd be down for any way to make this team better. Let's preserve Ricky's body in ice and thaw his *** out when we have better coaching and players. :goof:

Originally posted by finsrclowns

If if's and but's were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

I don't know about your traditions but nuts and buts have nothing to do with my Christmas or any other day now that I hear it out loud!
:lol: :roflmao:

Back
Top Bottom