Would you take any of these guys over Wanny?? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would you take any of these guys over Wanny??

Don't get too caught up on Butch's talent evaluation. When you are the coach of the Miami Hurricanes, you have a slew of scouts, and the very best want to play for you. Not exactly like coaching and trying to find talent for Alcorn State.

I'm not a fan of Wanny's either. This is a make or break season for him. We cant go through another season with him if we dont make it to the next level (AFC Championship game or Decent showing in Confrance game). Thats not too much to ask with this team.

Wanny`s doing great! He`s managed two consecutive 11-5 seasons despite our low picks in every round of every draft. Think about it. The guy stays. Period

Hey muck ! what about the seasons wanny coached in chicago ?I believe wanny is a better coach than any of those guys ...He has learned from experiance and he will get better ....I was a big jj supporter and look what he did....If i had to take one it would be butch ..but since he only has one season under his belt its hard to be sure .. alot more will be known after this season about all of them ...then i could feel like i was making an informed answer.

I just went on a gut feeling as to who I'd rather have. Butch has improved the Browns in one season although with alot of talent to start with.

That said,I say the Phins have underachieved for many years no matter who the coach.

Wanny is doing a good job at the helm here. Its not his primary responsibility to evaluate talent in his position, part of it but a very small part. Edwards, Juron .. I have to disagree with those two guys even being on the list. I'd like to know which publication it is ... probably the same one which had McClown rated as one of the best up n comin QBs after his somewhat impressive start in Chicago. Thats garbage.

He didn't say which mag it was. I'd like to know too.

Butch Davis reminds me a lot of Dave Wannstedt. Maybe because they coached together for so long. Like Dave, Butch is a defensive guy who coached under Jimmy Johnson at Dallas and UM and Oklahoma State, although Butch coached WRs and TEs at OSU, while Dave coached DL.

At UM, Butch was DL coach and Dave was defensive coordinator. At Dallas, Dave was again DC and Butch was DL coach. Then Butch succeeded Dave as DC and he too won a Super Bowl.

Another striking similarity: Butch's first season as an NFL head coach yielded a 7-9 season (2001 Browns). Dave's first year at Chicago....7-9. Butch is expected to take the young Browns even higher this year. Many are talking playoffs.

Dave's follow up to his inagural season: 9-7.....Wild Card berth....upset the Central champ Vikings on the road.....Dave named Coach of the Year.

Very similar to say the least.

I agree, there's only one I would take and that's Butch..I believe he does know talent and how to motivate players...I think the browns are going the right way because of his leadership. He learned under Jimmy and then had time to prefect it as head coach of Miami. Helping to rebuild that program..and now he's on his 2nd stink as Head Coach, but at the NFlL level...Dave got his perfecting time at Chicago and now his learning curve is coming to play in Miiami...just like Butch.

Hey Mee, It is Dave's primary job to evaluate talent! He has the final say and when you have the final say you better know what you're talking about.

Hey it doesn't matter,Dave is our coach and I love the way our team is going with him.

Does anyone think it is possible that Dave could lose his job after this season? Not that I want that to happen by any means, but if Miami gets bounced from the playoffs in horrible fashion again or the fail to make it do you guys think Dave will be our coach next season?

I would have to vote no if he doesn't atleast make it to the AFC championship game or a close loss in the Div round. I think if Miami losses big again it is time to move on.

Back
Top Bottom