Would you trade the #1 overall for... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would you trade the #1 overall for...

DaytonaDolFan13

DAYTONA DOLFAN 13
Reaction score
All 3 of ATLANTA'S 2nd ROUND PICKS? #34, #37, #48 :lol:

Of course they're rebuilding too. And regardless of the Draft Value Points. Alot could be done with those choices.:up:

All 3 of ATLANTA'S 2nd ROUND PICKS? #34, #37, #48 :lol:

Of course they're rebuilding too. And regardless of the Draft Value Points. Alot could be done with those choices.:up:

No but I'll give Atlanta our two 2nds and a 2nd next year for their 1(3) pick. J.Long and C.Long thank you.

HOw about our #1 and #57 for ATL #3 #34 #37
That seems better to me

yea no thanks. having 5 2nds is good and all but id rather not be out of the top ten much the less the first round.

Would that even be possible with the 2 big contracts Atlanta would give out . . . just wouldn't be smart on their part.

Also, I still want one of the elite guys in the top 8 or so.

Creative thinking, but I wouldnt want to do it either. What about this:

Atlanta Gets:
#1 Overall (1st)
#32 Overall (2nd)
#57 Overall (2nd)

Miami Gets:
#3 Overall (1st)
#34 Overall (2nd)
#37 Overall (2nd)
#48 Overall (2nd)

Could be interesting, if Atlanta wants to insure they get Matt Ryan they would only have to lose a 2nd rounder in this scernario. Then we pick up an extra 2nd and get to get out of pay #1 money. Not too mention move way up our second 2nd rounder.

Atlanta Gets:
#1 Overall (1st)
#32 Overall (2nd)
#57 Overall (2nd)

Miami Gets:
#3 Overall (1st)
#34 Overall (2nd)
#37 Overall (2nd)
#48 Overall (2nd)

Could be interesting, if Atlanta wants to insure they get Matt Ryan they would only have to lose a 2nd rounder in this scernario. Then we pick up an extra 2nd and get to get out of pay #1 money. Not too mention move way up our second 2nd rounder.

Thing is, I don't think Atlanta wants Matt Ryan . . . they would move up for Jake Long . . . and St. Louis would get Chris Long . . . . so we would be stuck with drafting Dorsey, Ryan, McFadden or Gholston . . . but the Long's are most likely gone.

But you would have to do the trade if you Miami, just because u get out of that #1 contract . . . u gain an extra pick . . . and move up higher in the second round.

Atlanta Gets:
#1 Overall (1st)
#32 Overall (2nd)
#57 Overall (2nd)

Miami Gets:
#3 Overall (1st)
#34 Overall (2nd)
#37 Overall (2nd)
#48 Overall (2nd)

I would absolutely LOVE that trade.

Atlanta Gets:
#1 Overall (1st)
#32 Overall (2nd)
#57 Overall (2nd)

Miami Gets:
#3 Overall (1st)
#34 Overall (2nd)
#37 Overall (2nd)
#48 Overall (2nd)

My dream scenario:

A three way trade between Miami, Dallas, and Atlanta:

Miami Gets:
#22 overall (1st) (from Dallas)
#28 overall (1st) (from Dallas)
#34 overall (2nd) (from Atlanta)
#37 overall (2nd) (from Atlanta)
#48 overall (2nd) (from Atlanta)
#61 overall (2nd) (from Dallas)

Dallas Gets:
#3 overall (1st) (from Atlanta)

Atlanta Gets:
#1 overall (1st) (from Miami)
#92 overall (3rd) (from Dallas)

I know that's probably far from likely since both Atlanta and Dallas would have to be willing to give up a lot of draft picks in order to get their guys (McFadden for Dallas and Ryan for Atlanta). Besides, I read that Atlanta's GM likes to stockpile picks.

I can still dream though...... :D

Atlanta Gets:
#1 Overall (1st)
#32 Overall (2nd)
#57 Overall (2nd)

Miami Gets:
#3 Overall (1st)
#34 Overall (2nd)
#37 Overall (2nd)
#48 Overall (2nd)

Now that's the first decent new trade idea I've heard in a while. Well done! And yes, I'd take that trade, we would have a nice bump of rebuilding while saving substantially drafting #3 instead of #1 overall. Sure, it's too much, but you'd be certain to get one of the Longs or Gholston, any of the 3 would be a good catch at #3. Netting an extra 2nd rounder for our trouble ... fantastic.

:up:

Based on the thread title alone I immediately though "Probably." But no, that'd be selling ourselves short and we need more talent.

Back
Top Bottom