Would you trade your #1 for Tim Rattay? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would you trade your #1 for Tim Rattay?

Section126

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
Hank just said that the indication is that the 49ers will keep Garcia instead, and that Rattay would be available for trade....what do you guys think?

He also said that Alex Marvez's story about talking to Bob Irsay was a big surprise to the Irsay family as Bob Irsay has been dead for several years.......

He also said that Peyton would listen to marino but the ball is firmly in the Colts court as far as stepping up with buku dollars.

Can you give more info on the Rattay/Garcia situation? I thought SF was leaning toward Rattay next season, they're stupid not to.

OT- Hard for me to put a Luda verse in my sig, he perfected TOO many!

I would trade our first round pick for Tim Rattay, ONLY IF, he promised and I had an official legally binding document in which he promises to kill and bury Jay Fiedler! Otherwise, HELL NO!!!

I'll admit I don't know much about Rattay but I'm really not sure giving up a first would be wise for us considering he's been raised in a true West Coast Offense the whole time since drafting him, and Norv's offense is more inspired by the Coryall offense which was like, the rival of the WCO.

Originally posted by Total-Revamping
I would trade our first round pick for Tim Rattay, ONLY IF, he promised and I had an official legally binding document in which he promises to kill and bury Jay Fiedler! Otherwise, HELL NO!!!
:lol: would you give him a signing bonus for that?

Hank just stated in passing that he would not be surprised at all if Garcia was retained and Rattay was let go (trade)

A #1?? Heavens no. What has he proven?? Not much. He had a nice run, but alot of QBs have played well for a few games at a time. I don't see anyone beating down Gus Frerotte or Shaun King's door. ;)

The Niners are abandoning the West Coast Offense. Even Bill Wlash is leaving the organization and his consulting position. Dennis Erickson is installing his vertical gameplan. Garcia is not suited for the vertical game (arm strength). He will not be back. Rattay will be their starter next year and a certain UM product will be his backup.

Not only will Garcia be gone, but they will let Terrelll Owens walk, as well.

I would include a 20 Million dollar signing bonus, a rolls royce, 3 beachfront condos, a box of chocolates and 12 hookers upon completion of the mission!

Originally posted by Total-Revamping
I would include a 20 Million dollar signing bonus, a rolls royce, 3 beachfront condos, a box of chocolates and 12 hookers upon completion of the mission!

Is that all, I'd pass if I were him...:lol:

The Niners are abandoning the West Coast Offense. Even Bill Wlash is leaving the organization and his consulting position. Dennis Erickson is installing his vertical gameplan. Garcia is not suited for the vertical game (arm strength). He will not be back. Rattay will be their starter next year and a certain UM product will be his backup.

So Let me get this straight... Garcia does not have enough arm strength but floppy arm Dorsey does? I am not in disagreement about Garcia, but lets face it Dorsey does not have any arm what-so-ever. He is a real smart QB and was a GREAT college QB, but if they really are scapping the west coast o... he will probably be gone too!

Originally posted by phinphanbill

I know he would be hard to get, but I personally would love to see the Dolphins go after TO. I don't care what people say about his attitude, because he only gets mad when they're losing. We need someone with a attitude like that in this offense. Can you imagine TO and Chambers lining across from each other? Couple that with any QB and O-line upgrades, and this offense gets way better in a hurry.

Originally posted by Carolina_Dolfan
Sh*t NO!

THat guy has no arm at all.....he is only a west coast QB.

That's crap. Rattay does have a good arm. Just because he plays on the west coast doesn't mean he's "only a west coast QB." The guy has started a grand total of 3 games in his career and you're ready to say that?!

I live on the west coast, so I got to see those 3 games this year and I'll tell you this much - he seemed to be far more dynamic with his arm than Garcia. He also seemed to have a pretty good pocket presence. He doesn't panic when the pocket is collapsing. He's not a scrambler, but he feels the rush and shuffles around well. Overall, he throws a nice ball.

Back
Top Bottom