Would you use a 7th rounder on this player? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would you use a 7th rounder on this player?

fishypete

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
Jeff Samardzija.

Yes he's playing baseball for now....but I can see taking a chance and using a 7th rounder for him....just in case he changes his mind and who knows...IF the Dolphins select Quinn...Quinn may talk his buddy out of Baseball.

Jeff Samardzija.

Yes he's playing baseball for now....but I can see taking a chance and using a 7th rounder for him....just in case he changes his mind and who knows...IF the Dolphins select Quinn...Quinn may talk his buddy out of Baseball.

In a heartbeat, we have THREE 7th rounders now (with the St. Louis pick for then signing Jones) so why not? Plus I could definately see Quinn talking him back into football if that happened, and I could see him accepting under those circumstances. I'd love to play football in sunny Miami on an NFL team with my best friend at QB :lol:

In a heartbeat, we have THREE 7th rounders now (with the St. Louis pick for then signing Jones) so why not? Plus I could definately see Quinn talking him back into football if that happened, and I could see him accepting under those circumstances. I'd love to play football in sunny Miami on an NFL team with my best friend at QB :lol:

Besides he would be a great replacement for Booker.

Last I heard he was looking great pitching for a cubs farm team. Consensus is, he becomes a successful MLB pitcher. The money is better and he can play longer.

If he were trying out as a position player I would still draft him, but when you commit to trying to become a pitcher in the big leagues everybody realizes it is usually a process that takes a few years.

The fact is; he is good and probably makes it.

If we get Quinn in the first, then I see no reason why not to grab him. Lets not forget who we are talking about here, the Cubbies. If Quinn comes here and excells, and Jeff gets frustrated with the Cubs organization, I can definitely see both of them talking and Quinn talking Jeff into being one of his receivers. A seventh hardly ever makes the team and contributes anyways.

If we get Quinn in the first, then I see no reason why not to grab him. Lets not forget who we are talking about here, the Cubbies. If Quinn comes here and excells, and Jeff gets frustrated with the Cubs organization, I can definitely see both of them talking and Quinn talking Jeff into being one of his receivers. A seventh hardly ever makes the team and contributes anyways.

Exactly, and since we now have 3, why not? The guy was projected as a 1st-round talent before he chose baseball (most mocks had him to the Pats at 24 or 28), and he was on the receiving end of most of Quinn's "highlight" passes, not to mention a key player in pretty much every game. Plus, they already have that timing and familiarity down, so it would nt only help Jeff adjust but more importantly Quinn may come along quicker having a WR he is already comfortable with and who's likes and dislikes he is familiar with.

Besides, didn't he play in a Cubs game this year and get lit up? I know it takes awhile for a pitcher to develope, but the guy is admittedly HIGHLY competitive, so all those struggles (especially given he is a Cub) may discourage him and look for greener grass on the NFL side of things. Quinn, his best friend and college QB with whom he so spectacularly teamed up with might just be that deciding factor. I could see him quitting baseball and trying football for us with Quinn as the QB way before I could see him doing it for any other team, or even us if Quinn ISN'T a Dolphin.

I say go for it, use our last 7th-rounder on the rights to him, only good things could come of it.

Exactly, and since we now have 3, why not? The guy was projected as a 1st-round talent before he chose baseball (most mocks had him to the Pats at 24 or 28), and he was on the receiving end of most of Quinn's "highlight" passes, not to mention a key player in pretty much every game. Plus, they already have that timing and familiarity down, so it would nt only help Jeff adjust but more importantly Quinn may come along quicker having a WR he is already comfortable with and who's likes and dislikes he is familiar with.

Besides, didn't he play in a Cubs game this year and get lit up? I know it takes awhile for a pitcher to develope, but the guy is admittedly HIGHLY competitive, so all those struggles (especially given he is a Cub) may discourage him and look for greener grass on the NFL side of things. Quinn, his best friend and college QB with whom he so spectacularly teamed up with might just be that deciding factor. I could see him quitting baseball and trying football for us with Quinn as the QB way before I could see him doing it for any other team, or even us if Quinn ISN'T a Dolphin.

I say go for it, use our last 7th-rounder on the rights to him, only good things could come of it.

Only thing is, I could see some team doing this before the seventh round even comes. Like you said he would have been a first round talent. I could see a team giving up a 6th for him.

Only if we get Quinn. He would be the magnet that would draw him out and maybe play two sports or go strictly football should baseball not work out.

Wow I mean . . . Rod Wright, Fred Evans and Devin Aromo . . . tho Devin didn't make the team, he made it to final cuts and was picked up by another team . . . the other 2 should factor in our Defense this season. Its easy to say lets blow a 7th rounder on him . . . but he is making like 2 million a season or something like that w/ the Cubs and he looks good pitching . . .

Couldn't we just sign him later on if he changed his mind?

Didn't Jeff a sign 5 million deal with the Cubs? Hes theirs for 3-5 yrs.

Drafting him this year would be a waste. In 3 yrs?

Devin was taken off our PS by Indy. I can see one of the teams with several comp. picks grabbing him (Samardzija) before the 7th.

Back
Top Bottom