Would you use a 7th rounder on this player? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would you use a 7th rounder on this player?

Can you draft someone who didn't declare for the draft? I'm pretty sure he didn't declare.

I was wondering that same thing awhile ago (this came up in a thread a few weeks ago) and someone said you draft the rights to the player, not the actual player. So basically it means if he every decides to try the NFL we have the rights to him, which I believe means we are the only ones who can offer him a contract.

Last I heard he was looking great pitching for a cubs farm team. Consensus is, he becomes a successful MLB pitcher. The money is better and he can play longer.

If he were trying out as a position player I would still draft him, but when you commit to trying to become a pitcher in the big leagues everybody realizes it is usually a process that takes a few years.

The fact is; he is good and probably makes it.

Yeah, there was another kid who had a good chance of being a GREAT Pro Baseball player. Ever heard of John Elway?

I would jump on it. A seventh would be well worth securing him if he comes back to Football...

Without a doubt, it's only a 7th round pick, and he was a 1st round prospect before he decided baseball for the...... CUBS? Does he really want to deal with the explosive attitude of Sweet Lou, if he reaches the majors?

No Way. its a waste of a pick. he will be playing Baseball. no way he leave to play for miami. i would rather and try to get a guy that could turn out like colsten

Draft Quinn in the 1st round and have him call Samardzija and see if there's a chance he'll come play.

Back
Top Bottom