Would you want to trade up for Brady Quinn stay where we are at with all the picks | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would you want to trade up for Brady Quinn stay where we are at with all the picks

RonnieBrownTown

SuperBowl MVP
Reaction score
Do you think we should trade up to get Brady Quinn or stay where we are in the and keep all of our picks?

I think we should trade up for Brady Quinn we could switch pick with Detriot or Oakland and give the one we trade with Daunte and give the a second rounder.

YES. I posted this in another thread, but it seems applicable here:

I have to agree. We need to DRAFT the face of this franchise, not cut and paste one from another team. I love Cpep, and hope he lights it up this year, but even if he is completely healthy the man is almost 31 years old. He is an "athletic" type QB, and age or injury tend to have strong effects on that type, and he has both. We need a guy that we can watch with confidence. The guy that when we get the ball back down by 4 with 2:00 min remaining, we can sit back in our chair, turn to our friends and say

[mod] Please do not circumvent the profanity filter. Thanks. [/mod]

He is about to ruin your day." A guy who we can get behind, a guy whos jersey you can buy at full price and not fell ripped off 4 months later, a guy that when Pats fans say "we have Brady" and Colts fans say "we have Payton" and Bills fans say "I might commit suicide" we can counter with "well, we have (insert franchise QB here)". Is Quinn that guy? I dont know, but dammit Im ready for someone to be, and he is as good an oppertunity as we are going to get.

There will always be a question if "whoever" is the guy. Even when Peyton was coming out not everyone was sold on him.
We have to make a move. I cant see how Quinn will be a bust. He might not wind up being the best QB in the NFL but I doubt he will be horrible.

I agree on all accounts. As long as we don't have to sell the entire farm to get him, I say if an opportunity presents itself to move up and pick Quinn, we do it.

Seems like everyone is holding out hope of drafting another Dan Marino. That was a once in a lifetime pick my friends. The best we can hope for is somebody decent, possibly someone who can be a franchise qb. I have my doubts about Quinn being that guy. If he falls to us so be it, but lets not give up more draft picks to do it.

And when we drafted Marino, we didn't force it. He just fell into our laps. I say stay @ 9 and then try to trade down if the "guy" (whoever he is) is not there.

It's hard for me to say. I like Quinn, and all that flack he has gotten for not winning big games is, in my opinion, is not really valid. But at the same time, with all these other picks we got, wouldn't it probably be better to keep all the picks and use #9 on other spots we desperately need?

Seems like everyone is holding out hope of drafting another Dan Marino. That was a once in a lifetime pick my friends. The best we can hope for is somebody decent, possibly someone who can be a franchise qb. I have my doubts about Quinn being that guy. If he falls to us so be it, but lets not give up more draft picks to do it.

I agree with you 100%...DRAFT PICKS...WE NEED DRAFT PICKS

Does everyone realize that in the last 5 years we are next to last
only Washington has had fewer draft picks and how has that worked for us?

Realistically, I think the fins would have to give up way too much (maybe all of your 1st day picks, along with a couple more of 1st days picks in the 08 draft) to move into either the 1st or 2nd pick of the draft. The only possible way I see the fins landing Quinn was if he were to slip to #6. Then draft pick value wise they can swap picks with the skins and give up their 3rd. Otherwise if they trade anywhere they would probably have to send both their 1st round pick this year and next year, which I dont see them doing. But then again I feel that the fins really need that franchise QB from the draft.

Do you think we should trade up to get Brady Quinn or stay where we are in the and keep all of our picks?

I think we should trade up for Brady Quinn we could switch pick with Detriot or Oakland and give the one we trade with Daunte and give the a second rounder.

I think we should trade up. We have hardly drafted a QB in the 1st round and it's about time we do so considering our success. Some franchises just have bad luck with 1st round QB's (see Detroit, Cleveland) whereas two of our HOF QB's were both 1st rounders. Right now, there isn't a guy around the 9 who could turn around this franchise the way Quinn could.

its very simple to me we have to many needs to give picks up take him at #9

I'm gonna put it like this . . . if we trade up . . . this is what has to happen.

First Quinn has to get past the big 3 . . . because it will take too much to move up that far (I think to trade w/ the Browns it will take 9, 40 and 60 . . . possibly a bit more, not sure but not worth it). Ideally if he is still there when the Skins pick . . . we need to try to trade up . . . but here is the catch . . . that is a hot position right now. I hear the Patriot rumors . . . teams like Green Bay, Buffalo targeting Peterson if there might make a move . . . . I even heard of a move by KC to give up the 23 and next years #1 to move to 6 and get Quinn. I know Washington wants a 3rd round pick from a top ten team . . . and we do that in a heartbeat I believe . . . but trades are NEVER as simple as we make them seem.

It actually may be easier to trade w/ Tampa or Arizona . . . Tampa would require the 40 and Zona most likely the 60 . . . Zona would be perfect . . . well Joe Thomas would have to be off the board and I think he will be if Quinn is still there. Those 2 teams IMO should be our targets to trade up . . . but it ALL depends how the draft goes. It would favor Miami for Quinn if a few things happen . . .

Calvin Johnson goes #1 (Tampa's pride and joy, they may look to trade down and grab Okoye)
Joe Thomas goes #2 (Arizona willing to trade down around 9 to grab Levi Brown)
Adrian Peterson or Jamarcus goes #3 (makes Washington have less trade partners for the RB or Jamarcus is the choice over Quinn for Cleveland)

If that is the draft . . . Quinn will be a Dolphin . . . mark my words. The only question then would be if Jamarcus doesn't get drafted w/ the first 3 . . . he could slide to 9 . . . Quinn I don't think slides to 9 . . . so it is a BUNCH of scenarios and less than 3 weeks to go . . . I am getting a bit impatient.

I think we should stay put, if he falls to 9 take a chance, if not then so be it.

Back
Top Bottom