Wow, Eddie Lacy is Faster than I thought! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wow, Eddie Lacy is Faster than I thought!

Runs a little too HIGH IMO, but can't deny the talent.

definitely more upright than you want...i get that...those feet that acceleration and he makes it look effortless on the field...premium prospect...i think his height is why he looks so upright at times...his body lean is a little strange but he's a tall back...

that kids got special talents though...

as for lacy i'm hearing a lot of people ripping him a new one for his work ethic...that may just be so he falls to someone given when i'm hearing it but it may also be after his workout in which i heard he was very out of shape it's another red flag for teams...

i also heard his time was closer to 4.6 flat than 4.4's...

Franklin of UCLA is going to be a star. Best back in the draft.

Franklin of UCLA is going to be a star. Best back in the draft.
Specifics?

I like his tools, but have some reservations. I like how he improved catching and blocking, and I like his north-south decisiveness when he sees a lane. What I like a lot is his forward momentum; not necessarily a downhill runner, but just a sense that he always has motion upfield, hard to describe but pretty attractive for a RB. I just don't think he has enough wiggle or lateral quickness for being 205. His straight-ahead running is nice, but it makes it easier for defenses to get big hits on him because he just isn't that elusive or much or a make-you-miss quickness guy. I see him take some pretty big shots in clips, and he looks pretty filled out to me, not sure he can add 10lbs (I believe he added weight between junior-senior year). I also see him running off-tackle alot, which seems to be a theme with some of these backs; it doesn't worry me as much as it does with Ellington because Franklin has shown decisiveness hitting a hole, but I just wish we saw more inside running in UCLA's read-option/pistol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom