wow freakin patsies | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

wow freakin patsies

felipen123

Rookie
Reaction score
dammit, they took 2 guys that are going to ball out!! dammit, and 2 players i wanted :(

I couldn't agree with you more. Damn, I wanted Butler instead of Davis. I hate those Patriots. Brace would have been a good fit learning behind Fergie. Damn, I hate those guys.

Yeah they know what they're doing....

Shocking.

but so do we.

i hated derius butler...maybe bellichek coaches him up, but i think hes soft on the run, i dont think he plays to his speed...i think he got burned by britt in the rutgers game and absolutely stunk in the senior bowl...

so no, i didnt want butler...at all...

I couldn't agree with you more. Damn, I wanted Butler instead of Davis. I hate those Patriots. Brace would have been a good fit learning behind Fergie. Damn, I hate those guys.

Davis is a much better and more physical CB than Butler.
Guys like Brace (pluggers) can usually be found in the middle rds. The DT's/NT's that are usually taken in the early rds are guys who can penetrate and disrupt an offense.
I liked Brace too, but I think the Pats took him too early

heres why i hate the pats draft

me on butler:

i hated derius butler...maybe bellichek coaches him up, but i think hes soft on the run, i dont think he plays to his speed...i think he got burned by britt in the rutgers game and absolutely stunk in the senior bowl...

me on brace

i hate when defensive tackles from the same college are drafted high...ask ryan sims...i think he benefited from playing beside bj raji...i dont think he is a nose...i think he is a slow 5 tech and an average 3 tech...

me on more picks this year

the pats wont be able to keep all their picks on the team...in fact, bellichek said before the draft hed try to move them for picks next year because a good portion of them will get cut...im all for acquiring more picks next year...but getting more picks this year doesnt serve them well in my mind...especially when your picks are butler and brace...two flops...

As a Fins fan, I liked the Pats draft.

Liked as in I think they f'd it up. Pioli isnt there and I think he was the guy.

The only pick I really cringed at was Butler. Chung and Brace were reaches.

I think the only reason BB made thsoe trades was to match dick size with Mangina, thats fine by me.

Is brace gonna replace Wilfork? lol.

Chung? A pac-10 safety? Really? Ok, :)

Absolutely Brace will replace Wilfolk....now whether it works or not has yet to be seen. But the Pats NEVER overpay ANYONE! They have already had talks about the kind of money Wilfolk is looking for, then they draft Brace at the top of rd.2....the writing is on the wall. I personally never liked Brace to be a Nt, but these guys know more about evaluating these guys than I do. I can only hope it's an epic failure.

Brace is overrated. He was only as good as he was because he had B.J. Raji playing beside him, IMO. Darius Butler I liked, but Davis is better, and I like can't complain with Smith.

Absolutely Brace will replace Wilfolk....now whether it works or not has yet to be seen. But the Pats NEVER overpay ANYONE! They have already had talks about the kind of money Wilfolk is looking for, then they draft Brace at the top of rd.2....the writing is on the wall. I personally never liked Brace to be a Nt, but these guys know more about evaluating these guys than I do. I can only hope it's an epic failure.

They got brace to rotate with wilfork. wilfork will be resigned before the seasons starts and if he isnt he is a rfa next year. Also remember there isnt a salary cap in place for next year either. So the pats can sign all their rfa's and fa's and just have 160+ million $ payroll.

They got brace to rotate with wilfork. wilfork will be resigned before the seasons starts and if he isnt he is a rfa next year. Also remember there isnt a salary cap in place for next year either. So the pats can sign all their rfa's and fa's and just have 160+ million $ payroll.
there wont be an uncapped year roger will get something done

there wont be an uncapped year roger will get something done

Good luck with that. Roger works for the owners, not the other way around. the owners have already made it clear the status quo isn't working for them. It remains to be seen if they can swing a new deal with the NFLPA in time to avoid it. I believe November is the deadline. The split between the 32 owners is huge without even bringing the union into it.

An uncapped year isn't as bad as it sounds. Yeah, teams like Dallas & Washington can spend til they drop, but only if they don't make the playoffs (google 'the final 8 rule' to find out why).

me on butler:

All corners get burned occasionally, or have bad weeks. Davis got torched by Derrick Williams from Penn State for six catches, 75 yards and a TD, which was Williams' best performance of the season. Smith had problems sticking with Julio Jones.

As for the Senior Bowl...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/football/nfl/01/19/senior.bowl.day1/

Darius Butler/CB/Connecticut: Butler stood head and shoulders above all other cornerbacks from the North squad in Day 1. The former Husky was very smooth in coverage and used his athleticism and size to deny opponents a chance at the ball. None of the North wide receivers was able to shake Butler throughout the entire practice.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles...profile-tab-set-1:player-profile-tab-analysis

Proved his health with a strong week of practice at the Senior Bowl.

me on brace

i hate when defensive tackles from the same college are drafted high...ask ryan sims...i think he benefited from playing beside bj raji...i dont think he is a nose...i think he is a slow 5 tech and an average 3 tech...
He was also miscast as a 4-3 DT at BC. Brace's strength is his ability to hold his position and tie up blockers, which is pretty much the job description of a 3-4 NT. He'll be rotating with a guy who's pretty much regarded as one of the top NTs in the business, and Wilfork has 7 sacks in five years. The Patriots want their linemen to tie up blockers and allow guys like Mayo and Bruschi and Thomas and Vrabel to fly around making plays. I think you can have questions about Brace in the abstract, but he seems like a perfect fit for the Patriots.

me on more picks this year

the pats wont be able to keep all their picks on the team...in fact, bellichek said before the draft hed try to move them for picks next year because a good portion of them will get cut...im all for acquiring more picks next year...but getting more picks this year doesnt serve them well in my mind...especially when your picks are butler and brace...two flops...
They did move a couple of those picks. But I think the first six picks (Chung, Brace, Butler, Vollmer, Tate, McKenzie) are locks to make the team. They've got a ton of FA offensive linemen next year, so one of the later round OL (Ohrnberger, Bussey) they drafted will probably stick. Most of the guys they'll cut will be 6th or 7th round picks, so who cares? Most 6th or 7th round picks get cut anyway.

Back
Top Bottom