WOW Prisco gives grade B on Fins draft ! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WOW Prisco gives grade B on Fins draft !

draft grades are so ridiculous. Its all opinions. Yesterday Kiper said you guys had the worst draft. No one knows who had a good draft or not.

I know for sure we had a good draft. The only person saying otherwise is Kiper, and after reviewing his mocks he don't hold too much water with me. V. Carey, Poole, and a guy like BUA..

Whats funny is that Kiper was praising some of our picks when we made him.. He said Poole was a big time steal and he liked Bua.. And he liked Carey as well.. then he says we did the worst? ummm....ok.

Unfortunately the same guy who wrote that report has Vernon Carey being a potentially game-changing CENTER...and Phil Rivers as potential pro bowl TIGHT END.

The fact that Boylhart likes the kid, doesn't bode well for him to me. But I like the kid all the same. Besides, all we want him to be is a wrecking ball on special teams and eventually grow into the backup MLB position a la Tommy Hendricks. We got the kid in the 5th round. So What?

The guy I really like is Will Poole. This kid can polish up like a real player. He has everything you need at CB except the speed to keep up waaaay down the field...but our system is designed to cover up those flaws by bringing our safeties back into the deep half. This is how Sam Madison was able to become an All-Pro here...and I honestly think Will Poole could do the same. I was honestly worried about CB for us longterm...its such an important position for us and I am not convinced Reggie Howard is anything special. Now, I'm not worried. Even when Sam leaves or continues on this downward spiral....I honestly truly believe Will Poole will step up to the plate...and for the record neither Ben Kelly nor Jamar Fletcher made me totally feel that way

CK,
The only thing that worries me about Poole is the fact that this guy is basically a one year wonder...He played lights out last year but nobody had heard of him before...That and character issues are probably the main reasons he dropped..Nevertheless we got the guy in the 4th round, which is great...I just don't think we can call him our next pro-bowl corner YET...

I think Kiper was trying to say we made bad trades. The 4th rounder to move up for Carey, the loss in trade value moving back from the 3rd to the 4th...etc. They were both questionable whether New England and Dallas were interested in Carey or not. We just needed Carey that badly that yeah, when it comes to a choice of overpaying by the value chart to match New England's offer, vs not picking up good OL help until muuuch later, yes...we pretty much were stuck doing it. Carey was the last good first round tackle on the board.

BUT, the moving back from 3rd to 4th and just picking up a 5th...I dont know about that. We ended up getting Poole which is a major coup to me, so it didn't end up HURTING however if we didn't get Poole...it would have hurt. Like Spiel said we got lucky. There were 3 guys we had in mind when we traded out of the 3rd. 2 were left after Day 1 ended and I would be willing to bet you the guy that went after we traded out was Matt Ware. The other guy I would be willing to bet you was Demorrio Williams and sadly enough he went RIGHT BEFORE us (bummer). That left Will Poole.

The main reason he dropped was because of the bad workout at the combine, plus the character stuff. Its not surprising that he only really came on this year. He has transferred between like 3 schools.

During this season at USC though he was probably the best active corner in the country. Mel Kiper had him early on as his top CB before the workouts started and DeAngelo and Dunta began separating from the pack.

Think of this. Poole went through a 5 game stretch where he didn't let up a SINGLE RECEPTION on his side. He intercepted the ball 7 times during his short time as a starter. The kid is a star waiting to happen. The thing I'd be worried about is character. He stayed out of trouble after the BC theft incident where I believe he stole a laptop (very common at college, unfortunately) however the theft doesnt show high character and so you have to wonder how he'll take to having money and the glitz and the glamour of being an NFL player especially in south beach. Hopefully he's never been a druggy or had drug problems

If RS needed to make this move to get VC than thats what needed to be done. I have been happy with RS moves so far this off season and I have a wait and see thing with the draft picks. If VC turns out to be all world ,then who cares! Time will tell.

This is indeed surprising coming from him..he usually kills us in draft rating. But I agree with him this draft, I like the players we got this draft a whole lot better than in the past and VC wasn't a whoa pick in the 1st rd, we actually talked about him and guess what, the fins picked someone we talked about..interesting. LOL..Plus he's a UM player, and they usually do well in the NFL..so I'm not a worried about the 1st pick this time..I do worry about his ankles, he played hurt last year and I hope he's 100%.

Back
Top Bottom