Wow!....Sad. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wow!....Sad.

iDolFan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I was reading Athlon Sports magazine and came across a part that said: "After the trade of cornerback Patrick Surtain, the Dolphins have no players remaining from their 1998, 1999, and 2000 drafts."

Talk about poor drafts.......:shakeno: :mad:

thats a real interesting stat, real pathetic too!!!

Poor drafts have been responsible for our recent problems.

IMO draft picks should be guarded as family jewels.Instead they have been used to solve immediate problems rather than long range goals.

I trust that attitude will change now.

stats can lie....how do we know that our draft picks from those years went on too be real good that they demanded alot of money and we couldn't afford to keep...like Surtain.

LOL @ family jewels.

Gives a whole new meaning to "I'd give my left nut for a good QB!"

Well were starting fresh with Saban and i think IMO we got a good draft class this year, i Say Ronnie Roth Crowder will excel for the others i think good special teamers and back ups

man that is really pathetic. we only have one from 2001 in Chambers and 2 from 2002. That is some really crappy drafting. 3 out of 38 picks since 1998. Its disgusting.

motioncityhifi said:
man that is really pathetic. we only have one from 2001 in Chambers and 2 from 2002. That is some really crappy drafting. 3 out of 38 picks since 1998. Its disgusting.

Actually Travis Minor was from 01 as well, and in 02 we only had 5 overall picks.

Forgot we resigned minor. Just dont hear about him. Plus not having all those picks were a waste too. We traded for jay williams that year and i believe we traded al wallace and a fourth for him. Wallace ended up being a big part of their line rotation.

True we don't have anyone on the team from 98,99,00 but there are still 7 of those players in the league. It is not that we had THAT terrible of a draft, it is we chose not to keep them.

Mixon
Freeman
Lowe
Jermaine Haley
Todd Wade
Ben Kelly
Deon Dryer
and Konrad just retired

Predaphin said:
stats can lie....how do we know that our draft picks from those years went on too be real good that they demanded alot of money and we couldn't afford to keep...like Surtain.

Surtain and wade were the only hits....(everyone else was a miss. )

2000RoundPickNamePositionSchool222Todd WadeOTMississippi322Ben KellyDBColorado423Deon DyerRBNorth Carolina523Arturo FreemanDBSouth Carolina61Ernest GrantDTArkansas-Pine Bluff726Jeff HarrisDBGeorgia

1999RoundPickNamePositionSchool28James JohnsonRBMississippi State212Rob KonradRBSyracuse311Grey RuegamerCArizona State51Cecil CollinsRBMcNeese State59Bryan JonesLBOregon State623Brent BartholomewPOhio State726Jermaine HaleyDTButte J.C.738Joe WongOGBYU

1998RoundPickNamePositionSchool129John AveryRBMississippi214Patrick SurtainDBS. Mississippi219Kenny MixonDELSU318Brad JacksonLBCincinnati321Larry ShannonWREast Carolina410Lorenzo BromellDTClemson520Scott ShawOGMichigan State618Nathan StrikwerdaCNorthwestern619John DuttonQBNevada721Jim BundrenOGClemson

EDIT: sorry about all that jumble, it didn't look like that when I out it down. but heres the link from finheaven.

http://www.finheaven.com/history/drafthistory.php

Looking at our other drafts.... 01' 02' 03' 04'........:shakeno:

2001'
Fletcher- bust
Chambers- starter
Minor-backup
Greenwood-gone
Shawn Draper- gone
Brandon Winey- gone
Josh Heupel- gone
Otis Leverette- gone
Rick Crowell- gone