WR about Miami WR situation... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WR about Miami WR situation...

MiamiDolfan85

DA M.I.A IS WHERE I STAY
Reaction score
....good stuff...

http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/03/...s-have-no-time-to.html#storylink=omni_popular

The Dolphins will surely select a wide receiver or two in the coming draft.

The team has already invested much time studying potential draftees such as Notre Dame's Golden Tate, Arrelious Benn of Illinois, The Citadel's Andre Roberts and Demaryius Thomas of Georgia Tech.

And all seem capable of upgrading Miami down the road.

But barring a sudden and unexpected explosion onto the NFL scene as a rookie, all those players would require seasoning and developing. Those young receivers, as many that play the position typically do, will require time.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think we will be able to get benn Tate or thomas in the second

if we are going to use our first pick on a wide reciever i wouldve just traded the first round pick for Marshall. He makes unbelievable plays and catches mostly anything in his way

if we are going to use our first pick on a wide reciever i wouldve just traded the first round pick for Marshall. He makes unbelievable plays and catches mostly anything in his way

Good point. I would rather give the first to denver for Marshall than get a rookie from the draft and wait 3 years for him to develope when he may not even develope at all. Thats why I have always hated the idea of drafting a WR in the 1st round.

I think all this "seasoning" talk is kind of BS. If you play in a pro style system in college and study the playbook you should be able to learn your routes quickly. If you have speed and great hands you can transition smoothly to the pro's....it's just that we never go after a true #1 WR....we draft pretty good but not great WR's.

dude..with all due respect to you...your signature looks great, but the flashing is kinda annoying. Any way you can remove that part of it?
lol,I could,and probably should,but that wouldn't be any fun,now would it?:up:

Drafting a WR in the first round would be retarded seeing how we NEED a NT now as well as SOLB/SILB. if your going to spend a 1st rd on a wr just get Marshall hes proven and will instantly make us a title contender. Getting a WR in the 2nd or 3rd would be Waaaaaaaay smarter

I just read antonio bryant is visiting the bengals tomorrow so we really are loosing more and more options........

I like the Idea of taking Wr who is proven in the NFL..but do we really think that Marshall would put us over the Top and get us to the Super Bowl?

I dont really think so..Our d is ( I hope) going to be much improved

Harline has made strides and so has Bess...

I really feel that if we get a guy like Golden Tate he could really open things up for us in spot duty...

I really like his talent and hope we can get him..and I would be glad to wait for him to develop in 2 to 3 years ...He could contribute for us now..

Phins are really young, 2 to 3 years we should be challenging for Super Bowl and consistenly making playoffs..

Marshall is only 26 tho, but his attitude I am not so fond of...

I like the Idea of taking Wr who is proven in the NFL..but do we really think that Marshall would put us over the Top and get us to the Super Bowl?

I dont really think so..Our d is ( I hope) going to be much improved

Harline has made strides and so has Bess...

I really feel that if we get a guy like Golden Tate he could really open things up for us in spot duty...

I really like his talent and hope we can get him..and I would be glad to wait for him to develop in 2 to 3 years ...He could contribute for us now..

Phins are really young, 2 to 3 years we should be challenging for Super Bowl and consistenly making playoffs..

Marshall is only 26 tho, but his attitude I am not so fond of...
to your point,a true no.1 WR is unneccessary if there exists a good pass catching TE,which is why I think w/out question Miami will be seeking to get Jimmy Graham.Sparano spent more time with Jimmy than anyother player during the Senior Bowl practices,and even scouted him during a UM practice...Really think Jimmy's gonna be a 'Phin...and having a good WR like Tate would be acceptable,should Miami have an elite pass catching TE...

im not understanding all this talk about Marshalls attitude. Denver got rid of his QB!!! did you expect him to smile in out faces and say hes fine with that move? no he spoke up saying he didnt approve of the move. If him speaking out like makes his a diva then all i want is divas. Marshall is a perfect fit for us and will instantly solidify out offence making it so we can go all D in the draft

This draft isn't very good at WR. With D. Thomas' injury, I can see him falling to the 3rd, but for us to spend the pick on him, we'd need to know that there's a NT or OLB we like a lot in the 4th.

Bryant in the 1st and D. Thomas in the 3rd are the only WR's I consider drafting before the 6th - unless we pick up an extra 2nd.

All I am going say is if A. Bryant signs with Cincy tomorrow the ways to upgrade our WR and make an impact in 2010 get real slim. Mid to late draft pick will take a year 2-3 years to see and impact.

Back
Top Bottom