WR and possible problem at Phins | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WR and possible problem at Phins

Roonnette

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
One thing I don't see with the Dolphins is boundary WR who can create his space at boundary and make catch over the shoulder.

I know part of the problem is Henne, but I am not sure that even Marshall is that kind of WR.

In other words, what I see is that our wide receivers are mostly middle of the field receivers and not truly boundary receivers.

From what I've seen of Blackmon, I don't think he is that kind of receiver either, he drops too many balls at the boundary and he is more of the same as Marshall with a little more speed.

In addition to QB who can throw touch passes, I'd like us to get that true boundary WR.

Thoughts?

I think Justin Blackmon is absolutely that kind of player.

What I see of our passing offense is they can't stretch the field sideline to sideline really. Everything is bunched in the middle with receivers, and the whole field of play is not threatened.
If Blackmon is that guy, then so be it. Obviously, gotta have QB who can deliver.

If QB is not available at 15, I'd be pretty happy if we took Blackmon or Julio Jones. Assuming Green doesn't make it out of the top 10.

We need another receiver that posses speed. We need a complete receiver: one with size, speed, and hands.

What I see of our passing offense is they can't stretch the field sideline to sideline really. Everything is bunched in the middle with receivers, and the whole field of play is not threatened.
If Blackmon is that guy, then so be it. Obviously, gotta have QB who can deliver.

I would love to get Blackmon but priority #Alpha and #Omega is making sure you get a QB, and by the time you figure out how to do that I tend to doubt you still have the resources at your disposal to get a Justin Blackmon.

Supposely Arizona isn't looking to sign Steve Breston back. I think that he could very well be that speedy 2# we are looking for.

i think breaston could absolutely help us not sure he's the boundary guy the op is looking for...

dez bryant would have fit that boundary need to a t...oh well...anyways i agree with ck blackmon fits the bill

i think breaston could absolutely help us not sure he's the boundary guy the op is looking for...

dez bryant would have fit that boundary need to a t...oh well...anyways i agree with ck blackmon fits the bill

I think Breaston could be better than what we have in terms of stretching the field, but I don't think he's a huge upgrade. His bigger stats came when playing with Warner, Fitz, and Boldin leaving him isolated. He won't see that here. He also seems to get nicked up and has missed time this year.

I could see us going WR if QB isn't there or they pick up Vince Young, but lord I'm hoping they pull something off to trade up and draft a QB. It's tough watching so many good QBs in the playoffs (that aren't Sanchez).

Back
Top Bottom