WR/Fletcher/Greenwood news | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WR/Fletcher/Greenwood news

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Reaction score
from http://www.kffl.com/hotw/NFL

The Miami Herald reports Miami Dolphins head coach Dave Wannstedt said LB Morlon Greenwood must play better or risk losing his starting job.

The Miami Herald reports Miami Dolphins head coach Dave Wannstedt said CB Jamar Fletcher must play better or risk losing his starting job. (if you consider 3rd CB a starting job :rolleyes: )

Updating previous reports, the Sun-Sentinel reports Miami Dolphins head coach Dave Wannstedt said the team will not add a mid-level veteran wide receiver to the team, although they still could welcome back free agent WR Oronde Gadsden (Dolphins).

I think we all knew Moore was drafted to replace Greenwood. It's obvious.

Interesting to see how will Jamar answer the challenge. Will he rise and own up to being a number one pick or will he be a long line of first round busts? Hmm... We will all see what this guy is made of. This is his year to prove something!

Hmm not only does Greenwood rap badly,
but now he's getting a bad rap!

Thank you very much I'm here all week...

I like these moves to push people not to be complacient..Hopefully they feel push all year long..Good competition breeds good result and don't allow any to lack or they could be sitting,,Ask McKnight, I think the sitting pushed him last year and he responded when he got the chance, I think he was the best receiver the 2nd half of the year.

Originally posted by 13isgr81
Hmm not only does Greenwood rap badly,
but now he's getting a bad rap!

Thank you very much I'm here all week...

:lol:

This is a Bummer not going after another WR.....its obvious we've downgraded at that position......last year when Chambers and Gadsen went out you seen what happened, McKnight is just to inconsistent and D.Thompson & JR Tolver are unproven....other than that we got nothing...McMicheal is gonna have to step it up big time or else it Looks like Ricky and the defense are gonna carry the load.

This is exactly what Dave needed to do with OLB M. Greenwood right now, while he's still learning. Afterall, he was a rookie last year, and throwing in another rookie {E. Moore} to replace him, there can't be much, if any drop off in overall production.....

If anything, OLB E. Moore may even be a better fit outside than M. Greenwood. We're not risking anything putting him out there IMO.

It's a smart decision, and at the very least, he'll add some real competition at the position....

As for DB J. Fletcher, this kid is about one bad play away from losing his job permanently. He's a bust IMO, and after all his talk as a rookie about being the next D. Sanders, it only makes me hate him even more. Let's not forget that he held out as a rookie in his contract negociations as well. He was a horrible first round pick IMO....

PHINZ RULE!!!:cap:

Greenwood I think still can be good, just needs to step up his play........ maybe having Seau around will help with this. As far Fletcher goes, he REALLY needs to step up and play some ball to show WHY we picked him in the first round cause so far I haven't seen it. Don't get me wrong I think he CAN be good and he has show a lot of effort but common we can't wait around forever for his a** to develop.

Oh and for Chambers, maybe not have the inside of his head rearrange will help this year, and with McKnight playing better ball should help too. As well as having a year in Norv system........... I see him doing great things this year if he stays heathy and so does Jay.

Originally posted by WCoastFin
This is a Bummer not going after another WR.....its obvious we've downgraded at that position......last year when Chambers and Gadsen went out you seen what happened, McKnight is just to inconsistent and D.Thompson & JR Tolver are unproven....other than that we got nothing...McMicheal is gonna have to step it up big time or else it Looks like Ricky and the defense are gonna carry the load.

Orende sucked monkey balls last year before his injury. 38 yards a game was a joke for a #2 WR. The reason the offense went down the toilet was the lack of cohesion with Jay out for weeks and Chambers out with that concussion and playing careful. The rotation going on with the #2 job. It was a mess.

i also think that wannstedt comments especially about greenwood is a sign that moore could be more than just a ST guy on opening kickoff.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom