WR Holmes in for a Private Workout! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WR Holmes in for a Private Workout!

Disnardo

Premium Member
Reaction score
I know C. Jackson is still in most of us fans mind but the Fins FO are looking at all options for a Wideout...:cooldude: and if I am not mistaken Chad and Holmes are probably the top 2 WR in the draft

A few excerpts from the article in the link below:

"I think what scouts didn't realize at the 'pro day' was that I had been fighting the flu for about a week," a relieved Holmes said after the session Friday with a group of Miami officials that included head coach Nick Saban. "I was on antibiotics, to try to fight the flu off, and they made me nauseated, and I couldn't eat. But even with all that, I thought I had a good enough workout that [my weight] shouldn't have been an issue."
"In that workout, Holmes, who did not run the 40-yard sprint at the combine, was clocked between 4.32 and 4.36 seconds by most scouts. That's the kind of blistering 40 time most had anticipated from Holmes, one of the top big-play threats in the draft pool, and a guy who averaged 15.5 yards every time he touched the ball for the Buckeyes as a receiver, runner and return man."

Linky:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft06/news/story?id=2392860

Holmes has been the most consistent WR for OSU in a while.he will be a good NFL WR......I like Chad Jackson but these 1 year wonders are scary sometimes..

That sure would make for some awesome 3 receiver sets.

Although I think we can still find a burner in the latter rounds. I think our secondary is more in need of a talent infusion.

Holmes is just too perfect of a player to add. If the Fins decide to drop Booker next year then it's a perfect decision. Holmes is also only turning 22 and Jackson just turned 21, so these are relatively young prospects capable of playing in Miami for a while. Either one would be a great pick. I have a feeling one will be available and it's likely Holmes.

I think the Denver Broncos will take Holmes at #15.

Roman529 said:

Ya there definately grabbing one of the top recievers in this draft if they fall that far!

wazzy said:
Ya there definately grabbing one of the top recievers in this draft if they fall that far!

I'm not so sure. They may want a receiver with more size than Holmes considering Lelie is not much of a goal-line threat as compared to Jackson(ya I realize their numbers are similar, but how they project to the NFL in goal-line situations). I could see DeAngelo Williams or Lendale a fit.

Wait a second.......I thought if we looked at a player, or have talked to them, that we are not drafting them?

I say if we do not talk to Max Jean Gilles at all, and we drop down, we end up with this guy.

Roman529 said:

Ive always had a feeling Denver traded up to grab a lendell White....although I guess WR is a bigger need.

DBoston80 said:
Holmes has been the most consistent WR for OSU in a while.he will be a good NFL WR......I like Chad Jackson but these 1 year wonders are scary sometimes..

Jackson is not a one year wonder. He was the Gators top home run threat as a sophmore. He did have a much better junior year because he was Leak's main target, but should not be labeled as a one year wonder.

Most likely if its known that the dolphins meet with a player in the draft we are not going to draft him. Saban doesn't let his plans out this easily. I guarantee Holmes will NOT be a dolphin even if he is there for us.

Motion said:
Jackson is not a one year wonder. He was the Gators top home run threat as a sophmore. He did have a much better junior year because he was Leak's main target, but should not be labeled as a one year wonder.

Well his career has noy been one of Holmes'.but NO-ONE has impressed more than Jackson in all the skillz challenges.

I'll gladly take either.

DBoston80 said:
Ive always had a feeling Denver traded up to grab a lendell White....although I guess WR is a bigger need.

The Denver Post sports section has them either taking a receiver or a RB...but most of the columnists seem to be saying their are going to take receiver (Holmes or Jackson).....I would be ok with either of these guys, or a d-back like Cromartie, Jimmy Williams, or Hill.

Back
Top Bottom