WR is not a big enough need for a 1st | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WR is not a big enough need for a 1st

Originally posted by Regan21286
i don't know if we should pursue brunell, i'd rather stick with the QBs that we have that know the system and then draft high for a QB like Rivers or Manning. WR can come in the 2nd round.

This talk about the Manning brothers is getting bad, we have a better shot at Peyton than Eli, but if you look at the big picture, we don't have a shot at either, Eli will be gone in the top 4 picks and Peyton is a Colt forever (or until his age hampers his skills and he is let go for cap reasons).

Oh and minus is right we have no 2nd round pick.

Originally posted by Regan21286
i don't know if we should pursue brunell, i'd rather stick with the QBs that we have that know the system and then draft high for a QB like Rivers or Manning. WR can come in the 2nd round.

Brunell played in the Zampese style offense under Coughlin for years. This would not be a problem. I say GET 'IM!

Here's why we draft a WR with our first pick.

1-Chambers gets too much attention from the opponents secondary. Thompson is a decent #2 WR but an even better #3. McKnight is gone.

2-There isn't going to be a QB or an olineman worth taking with the 20th pick because Eli, Ben, Gallery, & Andrews will all be long gone.

3-This year's WR free agent class is horrible, yet the oline is very deep in free agency.

4-We can grab Pickett or Navarre in the 3rd round & they're nearly as good as Losman & Rivers in terms of ability. There isn't much seperating the 4.

Originally posted by gunn34
Tolver and Simmons may just need a shot. Why draft a WR if Fiedler can't get the ball to him?

Who said Fiedler was going to be the QB? Besides if we draft a QB they won't be able to help us until 2005 at the earliest.

WR is the way to go, we need to win now while our D is still in tact.

The fact is, as of now everything is just speculation. Right now Fiedler IS our starter. I wish it weren't true, but it is. Too many teams can offer Brunell or any other QB way more then we can.
Everyone was psyched about getting the speedy Tolver in last years draft. What happened?

Tolver is far from speedy, he's a possession receiver with great hands. Wanny doesn't like to play low round draft choices. He likes to let them sit & watch a year. Tolver watched, then got hurt in practice & went on the IR.

Originally posted by SMadison29
Here's why we draft a WR with our first pick.

1-Chambers gets too much attention from the opponents secondary. Thompson is a decent #2 WR but an even better #3. McKnight is gone.

2-There isn't going to be a QB or an olineman worth taking with the 20th pick because Eli, Ben, Gallery, & Andrews will all be long gone.

3-This year's WR free agent class is horrible, yet the oline is very deep in free agency.

4-We can grab Pickett or Navarre in the 3rd round & they're nearly as good as Losman & Rivers in terms of ability. There isn't much seperating the 4.

I disagree....

1-Thompson is not a decent #2, possible a decent #3, but we don't know that yet.

2-We don't know how good these guys really are, Losman may be a whole lot better than what you've heard so far. I think we may possiblt take either of the two - Losman, Rivers, depending on what happens at the Combine and moves we may make in Free agency.

3-This years WR free agent class is not horrible at all, we have plenty of options out there that would make good number 2's, we all know that. The only thing preventing us from landing a solid number 2 is our crappy cap situation.

4-I'd rather not speculate at who's a better in terms of ability at the QB draft position but im certainly not a scout or someone who knows NFL potential when he sees it, and while many of us want to believe we know something. We don't. All I know is what the scouts and the major sports corps say, and they're saying that Losman and Rivers are much better than Pickett and Navaar.

Back
Top Bottom