WR Jeff Fuller video | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WR Jeff Fuller video

It looks like he never makes a catch by himself, someone is always draped over him. If he cant get separation at that level, he isnt going to have a chance against all the athletes at DB in the NFL. I don't think he can beat out Wallace, Moore, Cunningham, and Matthews so I dont think he is going to end up on the 53. As always, we shall see, maybe it clicks for him and he blows up in camp since he is already comfortable with the offense.

The final 53 may be a stretch unless they are ready to move on from Moore, Wallace and Pruitt. I am more inclined to think they keep one of those 3 and Fuller goes on the PS.

The final 53 may be a stretch unless they are ready to move on from Moore, Wallace and Pruitt. I am more inclined to think they keep one of those 3 and Fuller goes on the PS.

I'd be very concerned right now if I were Davone Bess or Brian Hartline. Look for Gates to contribute significantly this year.

I think all returning WRs need to be concerned. I don't see Hartline being here beyond this year and he may be gone sooner.

I think all returning WRs need to be concerned. I don't see Hartline being here beyond this year and he may be gone sooner.

Bess and Hartline are AVERAGE. Look for Gates, Fuller and the 2 WR draft picks to make some noise this year, and for Egnew, Miller and Clay to take away some plays from the WR crew.

I like Wallace but it is going to be receivers that can run crisp routes and has timing down with the quarterback, so fuller might make it for that reason

Bess and Hartline are AVERAGE. Look for Gates, Fuller and the 2 WR draft picks to make some noise this year, and for Egnew, Miller and Clay to take away some plays from the WR crew.

Average? Have you been watching the same players I have been for the last 2 or 3 years?

Average? Have you been watching the same players I have been for the last 2 or 3 years?

Yes, I have been. As NFL starting wide receivers I'll be even more specific as to Bess and Hartline- I would rate both below average. I like both of them in certain way, they bring very good intangibles to the table- but Bess is slow and short and Hartline is, well, average.

Hartline has more size, speed, physicality and starting ability than Bess who is strictly a slot receiver. That said, both of those guys have made a lot of big plays and first downs. Those new guys have a lot to prove. Hartline can play an outside WR spot as long as he has someone on the opposite side drawing coverage. Hartline has a way of getting separation with a sneaky push off..but he gets caught sometimes.
I hope the new guys can put them on the bench, but I will believe it when I see it.

Hartline has more size, speed, physicality and starting ability than Bess who is strictly a slot receiver. That said, both of those guys have made a lot of big plays and first downs. Those new guys have a lot to prove. Hartline can play an outside WR spot as long as he has someone on the opposite side drawing coverage. Hartline has a way of getting separation with a sneaky push off..but he gets caught sometimes.
I hope the new guys can put them on the bench, but I will believe it when I see it.

Bess and Hartline are both high quality guys that you'd like to have on the team, but let's face it- Marshall getting traded didn't create a need for an influx of WR talent, it just exacerbated the situation. I kind of like Bess and Hartline, my intent isn't to bash them- my point is that in Gates, Fuller and the two drafted guys I see 4 WR slots right there- maybe I'm jumping the gun on Fuller, but I don't think so. He's big, talented and has experience in the new offense and playing with Tannehill. I saw a comment about his lack of separation ability- not so sure about that, plus he clocked a 4.53 at the combine iirc at 6-3, 217. Not bad. Dude is a player. All that I'm saying is that there is a big new wave of talent coming in, and I'm including Gates in that picture because he was so raw last year. Bess and Hartline had better bring their A games, because they're going to have plenty of competition for a roster spot this year. Maybe the team keeps six WRs this year, who knows.

I just don't see much in Jeff Fuller and I never have. I thought he was overrated in 2010 back when everyone was all over him.

I think Derek Moye has a real shot. He's not perfect by any means. But you're looking at a guy that is 6'4" and 209 lbs and showed on the football field that his size and strength are a real problem for even the best defenders. Add on top of that when he opens it up into high gear, he's actually a speed problem. He ran a 4.41 at his pro day. I watched how he played against Alabama in 2010 and 2011, and he wasn't intimidated by their physical style of play. At times he really created a lot of separation against their man coverage. He's beaten Menzie for catches, Kirkpatrick and Milliner as well. What I think he lacks is some short space burst that you see in smaller players, or in freakish A+ specimens like Michael Floyd. He also doesn't show the strongest hands for coming up with difficult catches. But I think people don't realize just how awful the quarterbacking at Penn State was. I watched a lot of good QBs this year, which made the Penn State QB play that much more appalling. Sometimes you wonder how a guy can produce at all with that level of QB play, considering he's not catching a bunch of screen passes and other plays designed to make things as easy for the QB as possible to complete. I just particularly like the way he uses his hands to get off the jam, and then he's got some burst to get into his next gear. At the top of his route he really shows some strong ups, even if those didn't come through as well in his 33 inch vertical.

I'll admit to knowing very little about Moye, but one thing I've really liked and would like to see: the way the Saints use Colston. I'd like a bigger WR we send down the middle. It obviously didn't cut in too much to J. Graham's production, and I think it puts a lot of pressure on the D. Surprised more people aren't copying it.

Still, Fuller is really going to have to show something. If tasked to bet, my money would NOT be on him making the 53.

i dont care what their last names are if they come out the winnner in the preseason games they should b the starter.
what do we have 1 wr that we drafted besides the 2 we got this year in the draft.
matter of fact hartline was drafted in the 4th then we have a bunch of udfa and this years 6th and 7th round wrs man thats bad ...bad....bad.......

Back
Top Bottom