WR Jeremy Williams | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WR Jeremy Williams

ChadHenne

Active Roster
Reaction score
WR out of Tulane. Didn't see a thread on him, so I decided we should start one. The kid showed great ability to catch the ball in traffic, and he became the main target out there in the Senior Bowl. He's coming off a 80+ reception, 1000 yard season, and like all other prospects, there is a huge plus next to his name because when he is healthy, he has improved his game each year.

I understand the concerns about his health, but based on the way he found a way to get open in today's game, and his overall production throughout his college career, if Gilyard/Graham/Weatherspoon are all gone by the 43rd pick, and I expect them to be gone, I would take Williams (if we don't choose Bryant 1st round). I would even take Williams over Benn. Williams showed an ability to get open when other WR's weren't doing it, and some of the catches he made were spectacular.

Just something to think about. I have other players higher rated when it comes to the second round (basically expected 1st round picks who's stock slips), but I wouldn't be angry at all if we took Williams in the 2nd.

i would be. you have a chance at Cody, Spikes, Graham, Demaryius, Lafell, Dwyer, Best, etc and you take williams?

i would be. you have a chance at Cody, Spikes, Graham, Demaryius, Lafell, Dwyer, Best, etc and you take williams?

I would take Williams over Dwyer, Best, Lafell, and Thomas. Lafell doesn't impress me, Dwyer and Best are going to be complementary backs in the NFL, and we do not need a RB this year that early, and I would understand people taking Thomas over Williams, but I was simply impressed by the way Williams handled himself in today's game. At this point right now I have Williams ranked higher, but that may change when the draft comes closer.

As for Cody, Spikes and Graham, they are more than likely not going to be available. I would take these three players over Williams, but we won't have that opportunity to choose.

He looked good. Really solid. I'm of the opinion that we don't need another solid receiver. We need a star. Otherwise lets spend the picks are other positions

Isn't he the one they said had double ACL surgery and is having some confidence issues running his routes and contact, etc?

The only WR's I would consider in the 2nd personally, are Demaryius Thomas and Mardy Gilyard, and that would be after a long list of players I like more aren't available. And even Thomas has a lot of question marks.

Gilyard won me over today. I'd take him over Lafell, Thomas, Williams, or any other of the second tier WRs for that matter.

But I agree, there will be better players on defense that we can wait till the third or even later to get a WR.

i wish they would have allowed some press man instead of all these free releases to the wrs in the game today...then we could have gotten a better look at who can get off press and who can't...

i gotta say gilyard got off press pretty well this week but he wasn't as explosive as i thought he'd be...i'm thinking slot wr in the nfl...awfully lean also...

none of these wrs i saw today look to me like they'd fill that need we have for a legit go to wr to complete our wr core...but you can bet your sweet backside that dez bryant would be PERFECT for that role...

i wish they would have allowed some press man instead of all these free releases to the wrs in the game today...then we could have gotten a better look at who can get off press and who can't...

i gotta say gilyard got off press pretty well this week but he wasn't as explosive as i thought he'd be...i'm thinking slot wr in the nfl...awfully lean also...

none of these wrs i saw today look to me like they'd fill that need we have for a legit go to wr to complete our wr core...but you can bet your sweet backside that dez bryant would be PERFECT for that role...

Think Desaun Jackson! I watched this kid a lot this year, you should youtube his game against Pit. I read he is a true 4.3 guy, it is just weird it doesn't look like he is moving, but no one catches him. I have been very high on him this entire year. I think he moved up a lot of boards yesterday!

Think Desaun Jackson! I watched this kid a lot this year, you should youtube his game against Pit. I read he is a true 4.3 guy, it is just weird it doesn't look like he is moving, but no one catches him. I have been very high on him this entire year. I think he moved up a lot of boards yesterday!

i've watched a lot of gilyard...he does remind me of desean jackson...not sure he's quite as fast straight line speed though...gilyard creates separation in and out of his cuts and is really quick...

if we didn't already have ted ginn i'd be more a proponent of his for us but i also wonder if he's more a slot guy in the pros...

not sure i see that guy we need to complete the wr core as it stands either...

i've watched a lot of gilyard...he does remind me of desean jackson...not sure he's quite as fast straight line speed though...gilyard creates separation in and out of his cuts and is really quick...

if we didn't already have ted ginn i'd be more a proponent of his for us but i also wonder if he's more a slot guy in the pros...

COME ON MAN! Comparing Gilyard to Ginn is like drag racing a dump truck against a Ferrari and Ginn ain't the Ferrair! Gilyard would be a true slot like Jackson. Gilyard makes his returns with the wreck less abandon that JAckson does. Ginn makes one move and if it isn't there is is to the ground or the sideline. Gilyard would return both kicks and punts. Gilyard is everything in a football player Ginn is not!

Ginn would still have his place running deep flags, post and go routes( like Alvin Harper). Gilyard would begin the season as a 4 and work his way to more reps, then a FA pick up is our true number 1. HAving the speed of Gilyard and Ginn on the field would spread a defense thin and create mismatches like the Colts, Saints and Vikins do.

Mardy Gilyard in the Senior Bowl showed me everything we are missing out of Ted Ginn. He played tough, didn't shy from contact, made huge catches when needed. He was an all around star at the Senior Bowl. And he plays special teams. He's like Ted Ginn but you know actually worth something.

COME ON MAN! Comparing Gilyard to Ginn is like drag racing a dump truck against a Ferrari and Ginn ain't the Ferrair! Gilyard would be a true slot like Jackson. Gilyard makes his returns with the wreck less abandon that JAckson does. Ginn makes one move and if it isn't there is is to the ground or the sideline. Gilyard would return both kicks and punts. Gilyard is everything in a football player Ginn is not!

Ginn would still have his place running deep flags, post and go routes( like Alvin Harper). Gilyard would begin the season as a 4 and work his way to more reps, then a FA pick up is our true number 1. HAving the speed of Gilyard and Ginn on the field would spread a defense thin and create mismatches like the Colts, Saints and Vikins do.

my point is he looks like a guy who would handle a lot of ginns role...as far as a football player gilyard is a much better and tougher player...

no doubts...but i'd like to see ginn gone if i'm bringing on gilyard...that's my point

and i still think that we would need another wr and a go to one to complete the wr core

Back
Top Bottom