WR Josh Gordon on waivers, find out his new team at 4 pm. today | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WR Josh Gordon on waivers, find out his new team at 4 pm. today

cuzinvinny

Active Roster
Reaction score
Know the board is mixed here.

But for the price and the state of our team and his potential options, the capability he Can have (fingers crossed) think having him on board FOR NEXT SEASON seems like a reasonable idea. I mean for 1mil $$.... He can be better than all we have or screw up and we let him go. Doesn't seem to be a hell of a lot of risk or tying us up in a knot over for a try out.

Oh wait Isiah Ford coming back and joining the practice squad ... Funny how mediocre can make average talent look special.

Note. last several pick ups we've brought in....

He’s not the same player anymore and he’s not worth the roster spot.

He’s not the same player anymore and he’s not worth the roster spot.

Not saying you are wrong
Just like to witness that for myself. Personally from what we have, don't think upgrading is such a monumental task. And the risk to reward is clearly to our advantage as I see it.

He’s washed up but the way we’ve been doing business we’ll probably claim him for the potential compensatory pick.

Gordon is Miami. What could possibly go wrong

I don't see a downside … we are throwing stuff against the wall to see what sticks it seems … after it's all said and done we will see what we have and build from there … the players have to know this … they have to know some of them are getting a chance to stick on a team they may not have somewhere else (we also need depth) … they may rise to the occasion … we will see... but we need to at least explore the option based on where we are right now … IMO

Gordon is Miami. What could possibly go wrong

He doesn't work out and we cut him... Oooooooo big risk....Oh maybe pick up a Comp pick for him....
My point is its not much of a risk... And we could us an upgrade in the WR dept. severely IMO.
Injury prone Wilson, Grant, ( Parker... unusual, on a healthy run), Preston learning and still a bit inconsistent....

I don't know Gordon a mil. seems a steal, but will go with their choice for Flores and O Shay the form NE WR coach have more fimiliarity than we do with him when they were in NE...

Last edited:

In this same PFT article.

" It didn’t help that Gordon was far from great this season, catching just 20 passes for 287 yards in the six games he started. Perhaps if Gordon had played like he did at his best, Belichick would have tolerated the other stuff. But the combination of a lack of productivity and questionable practice habits led to a quick exit. "

Also heard that NE released him now like this so he would not be picked up by a contending competitor.

Look our staff should know enough of the plus and minuses with the guy. Just would rather hope the plus far out weigh the minus's and we fill a needed space for the team, with little actual expense or risk IMO.

Move would be pointless in sense: 1) can't trade him for pick, because deadline passed. 2) Team obviously not competing for postseason. 3) Wouldn't result in compensatory pick next yr

All true and probably accurate points...

1. IF he adds value to the team as a #1 or #2 receiver for 2-3 years it would benefit the team
2. Team isn't trying to compete for the post season... they are trying to find talent to move forward
3. Compensatory pick wouldn't matter ... IF he comes in and contributes win/win if not buh bye ... little risk involved here

Even if he doesn't pan out I don't see the move as pointless ... just a counterpoint ... to me it's worth a looksee

I can see it know, Miami claims him. Then week 16 comes and he catches the winning TD for Rosen as time expires. Then 200+ FH posters head explode as the dreams of tua go down the drain.

Back
Top Bottom