WR just isn't a big need | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WR just isn't a big need

nick1

I am Groot
Club Member
Reaction score
I don't see why many of you think we had to draft and WR and messed up by not doing so. Sure Ireland was saying we needed a #1 WR but what makes you so sure that wasn't to motivate Ginn? I beleive Ginn can be a good #1 in this league and after one year in which he didn't have a good QB how can you all judge him? now that our o-line is solid I think he will shine, all of our QBs have a good deep ball so he will shine. outside of Ginn we have Wilford and Hagan. After that is Tab Perry (who will surprise), last year's hero Greg Camarillo, David Kircus and this Bess kid who alot of you are saying he is great. with the top four being Ginn, Wilford, Hagan and Perry I'd say we are pretty solid

I wouldn't say at all that we are solid or deep at the WR position. We're adequate. But we could always improve. Ted Ginn Jr is unproven and has problems getting off the line of scrimmage. He's a great deep ball threat but needs to improve his route running and being more phsyical. Wilford is a big tall receiver who is a possession/move the chains type of guy. After that we don't have much. Derek Hagan has been a disappointment with bad hands, Camarillo had one great play last year. Kircus is not very good. He's had trouble sticking with a team his entire career. Tab Perry has missed 28 games the past 2 seasons. Bess was a good UFA pick up and will probably make the team as the #4 or 5 WR and could develop into a #3 WR. He has good speed and hands and is great at the underneath and crossing routes. But we still don't have a dominate WR that defenses fear and have to double cover. And maybe we wont need one with the power running game we will be using but I still think that the WR position is a work in progress.

They may think that there are already enough areas to try to develop. Maybe they are going to see if some chemistry develops with the guys that are already here. Drafting a receiver and expecting him to learn how to play in the NFL with a QB that is figuring it out at the same time, is asking an awful lot. I think we already have some young guys to try and develop. A veteran receiver makes more sense to me. I'm surprised Parcells didn't trade for Terry Glenn. lol That sounds funny but it really makes sense

Back
Top Bottom