WR Justin Hunter.... didn't realize he tore his acl last year, bummer.. his numbers | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WR Justin Hunter.... didn't realize he tore his acl last year, bummer.. his numbers

I think you are spot on with Hunter. Early in the season I thought he might be a top 15 guy, but I don't think he is fully recovered from his injury yet. I think he is late 1st/early second at this point. Patterson is one of the more intriguing players in this draft. I think he would be an excellent fit in a WC offense in that he can take that short pass, make players miss, and turn it into a long gain. I think top 15 is too high for him as well, but if Werner, Jones, Jordan and Milliner are all gone before Miami picks that might not be a bad direction to go.
Agree I think he could shoot up draft boards...but top 15 is pretty rich. Although it only takes one team, and if Im not mistaken I think Slimm recently said he had him as his top WR if he comes out.

I really like him, but there are some pretty good receivers out there that other teams might like even more. I think you have Keenan Allen as a sure 1st rounder. After that, you have Woods, Patterson, Hopkins, Hunter, Bailey, Williams, etc etc. Lots of names out there..I think we can get ourselves a really good player in the 2nd round if it plays out like that

2nd word. Potential.
Raw and Potential..both great words. He has the tools to be the best WR out of this draft. BUT, like I said..you can't draft him and expect him to be a #1 right now like you would say a Keenan Allen. However, if you get a Greg Jennings in FA and resign Hartline...well then by all means get a Justin Hunter. He comes in with no pressure...but still has the speed to take the top off AND would actually give us a WR worth throwing a fade to in the end zone

mel kiper has him ranked # 10 on his big board. so its a possibility
You know what? Kiper may be right. The more I see Patterson, the more I'd like to see him in a Dolphin uniform. I just think we probably look wr in the 2nd. We'll see.

Agree I think he could shoot up draft boards...but top 15 is pretty rich. Although it only takes one team, and if Im not mistaken I think Slimm recently said he had him as his top WR if he comes out.

I really like him, but there are some pretty good receivers out there that other teams might like even more. I think you have Keenan Allen as a sure 1st rounder. After that, you have Woods, Patterson, Hopkins, Hunter, Bailey, Williams, etc etc. Lots of names out there..I think we can get ourselves a really good player in the 2nd round if it plays out like that
I wonder if Miami would take a chance on someone like Da'Rick Rogers or Wilson from Washington maybe in the 2nd or 3rd? I think the problem now is that we can add LT to the needs list. Jake Long just can't stay healthy. As to Cordarelle Patterson, I really like him a lot. I might take him over Keenan Allen and I like Allen. Is that crazy?

I wonder if Miami would take a chance on someone like Da'Rick Rogers or Wilson from Washington maybe in the 2nd or 3rd? I think the problem now is that we can add LT to the needs list. Jake Long just can't stay healthy. As to Cordarelle Patterson, I really like him a lot. I might take him over Keenan Allen and I like Allen. Is that crazy?
Could be a RT too...looks like Martin will get an audition at LT the rest of the way...and I think he will be okay over there. Id love Wilson..I think he gets to the 3rd round after his whole situation...and going into the year I had him as my #2 receiver...he can really play. More and more people are moving Patterson to the top of their lists...I don't think its crazy at all. Im not sure Im ready to put him above Allen...but the kid has the goods.

Would love to try out guys like Quinton Patton, Terrance Williams, Markus Wheaton, Denard Robinson or Corey Fuller.

Amongst the juniors you have to like Keenan Allen, DeAndre Hopkins, Robert Woods and Stedman Bailey.

YMMV on guys like Tavon Austin, Cobi Hamilton, Justin Hunter, Cordarelle Patterson and Da'Rick Rodgers.

Could be a RT too...looks like Martin will get an audition at LT the rest of the way...and I think he will be okay over there. Id love Wilson..I think he gets to the 3rd round after his whole situation...and going into the year I had him as my #2 receiver...he can really play. More and more people are moving Patterson to the top of their lists...I don't think its crazy at all. Im not sure Im ready to put him above Allen...but the kid has the goods.
Honestly if Miami could get Wilson in the 3rd that would be incredible. I do think that Jake Matthews is now in play in round 1. I know most fans wouldn't like that pick, but the Dolphins could get a pass rusher in round 2 and maybe Markus Wheaton with the pick from Indy.

I don't think it's that crazy. Make no mistake, Patterson is rougher around the edges right now than Keenan is due to inexperience, but the upside with Patterson is the equalizer.

You can watch college football for a long time and not see a kid that brings the type of athleticism and ability with the ball in his hands that Patterson brings. You'll see several receivers that are tall and fast in a straight line, but don't have the agility in their hips and explosion to create separation and put fear in defenders with the ball in his hands.... the Johnathan Baldwin type.

Patterson has some Julio Jones in him, just not as physical or strong. He thinks he can make all 11 guys miss everytime he gets the ball in his hands.. and he almost does.

Special talent.

Patterson would be the receiver that would intrigue coaches the most. He's able to do some incredibly rare things with the ball in his hands for a receiver, much less a receiver that size.

It's the mental aspects and ability to pick up a system that I would question in regards to Patterson. That's to be determined in an X's and O's session during the interview process, but in terms of physical gifts and raw talent, I don't see a receiver that stacks up.

Back
Top Bottom