WR Malik Washington | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WR Malik Washington

This is a fantastic conversation about Malik. Super pumped.

My one criticism of Malik was that I saw him as a slot only prospect, but I've been rethinking that position. I keep seeing so much of Mark Clayton in his game and Clayton played all-over.

I don't want to be one of those mindless posters who just keeps saying we need a a tall receiver for no reason. What we need is a third option that can get separation and make contested catches. What you need for that is quickness, good route running, core strength and a good catch radius. Malik has that (so did Clayton).

Dont know about body or tape comparison but his combine numbers- height, weight, speed, quickness are all comparable to steve smith jr. Even if he only ends up a qrter of the player smith was its still worth a 6th rounder. It would be nice to get a taller wr for redzone/goaline situations but he just fits what we do on offense which is all about separation and timing.

By way of comparison, Smith was taken in R3 & Tyreek in R5.

I think the one physical element that clayton had over malik was arm length, if I recall Clayton had long ass arms.
I looked for an arm length measurement on Clayton, but couldn't find one. His arms always looked ridiculously long.

My one criticism of Malik was that I saw him as a slot only prospect, but I've been rethinking that position. I keep seeing so much of Mark Clayton in his game and Clayton played all-over.

I don't want to be one of those mindless posters who just keeps saying we need a a tall receiver for no reason. What we need is a third option that can get separation and make contested catches. What you need for that is quickness, good route running, core strength and a good catch radius. Malik has that (so did Clayton).
I am mindless, but I gave a reason.

When teams take away the middle of the field like they have for the past 2 years I think we need a guy who can pull off the 10 yard back shoulder catch.

That being said. As I stated elsewhere we could use a guy to spell Tyreek who gets gassed because he must run over 100 yards of motion every game. Malik might be that

I am mindless, but I gave a reason.

When teams take away the middle of the field like they have for the past 2 years I think we need a guy who can pull off the 10 yard back shoulder catch.

That being said. As I stated elsewhere we could use a guy to spell Tyreek who gets gassed because he must run over 100 yards of motion every game. Malik might be that
Wanting a guy who can make contested catches isn't mindless. The part I bristle at is the assumption that it's something big receivers are always better at. That's the part that is a false assumption.

Back
Top Bottom